What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Dog Guard - willboy
I have a Honda accord iCTDi saloon and am shortly to have a small dog which I wish to transport safely. Is there a dog guard available which will allow the dog to ride in the car--back seat up or down, but will prevent the dog ending up arouind my neck?
Dog Guard - Lud
It's called 'the boot'. If it's a small dog it won't suffocate immediately. Put its basket in there.
Dog Guard - Vansboy
You might consider a harness, which attaches to the seatbelt .

Otherwise, if he's only passenger, to ride in the back, haw about a cage, that you could fit & as long as it's secure, you'll be a lot safer.

VB
Dog Guard - Altea Ego
dog guards are made for hatcbacks and estates mostly. I would suggest a Harness, (put on dog, clip to belt).

www.ukcovers.co.uk/acatalog/In_Car_Dog_Harness.html
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Dog Guard - NowWheels
I have a Honda accord iCTDi saloon and am shortly to
have a small dog which I wish to transport safely. Is
there a dog guard available which will allow the dog to
ride in the car--back seat up or down, but will prevent
the dog ending up arouind my neck?

How about a harness? Clips onto the seatbelt, so that he can move around freely, but can't be thrown forward.

My dog bought himself one when we got our new car, and he's very pleased with it: www.petplanet.co.uk/shop_store/Hicraft_Dog_Car_Har...l
Dog Guard - Altea Ego
Anyone suggested a harness?
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Dog Guard - Adam {P}
Can I ask what dog you have NW?

(Please don't shatter any illusions)
Dog Guard - NowWheels
Can I ask what dog you have NW?
(Please don't shatter any illusions)

Wrong way around, Adam: he keeps me as a pet human. :)

He's a huge rottweiler, weighs over 100lb, and can beat the living daylights out of any hound anywhere.

Or at least that's what he seems to think when he encounters a big dog: he's actually a smallish terrier.
Dog Guard - PhilW
"a huge rottweiler"
illusions shattered!! I used to have an image of you a tall, elegant, rather attractive, refined (if assertive!!) young lady in a smart business suit. I now see you as a shaven headed, ear, lip and nose pierced fat bloke in a shell suit, baseball cap, with an ill-disciplined aggressive dog which lives with you in a tiny council flat on the 15th floor. Oh dear!
Are you sure you have an Almera automatic?? Where is the huge spoilered 1000cc Nova??
--
Phil
Dog Guard - Altea Ego
Its guarding her crack house while her team of runners is out distributing wraps......
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Dog Guard - NowWheels
"a huge rottweiler"

Umm, Phil, did you read on to the end? That's how he sees himself when he meets other dogs. But really, he is only a small terrier, usually with a rather aristocratic demeanour.
illusions shattered!! I used to have an image of you a
tall, elegant, rather attractive, refined (if assertive!!) young lady in a
smart business suit.

I think you are mostly right, except for the smart suit and the "young" bit.
I now see you as a shaven headed,
ear, lip and nose pierced fat bloke in a shell suit,
baseball cap, with an ill-disciplined aggressive dog which lives with you
in a tiny council flat on the 15th floor. Oh dear!

LOL! I think if I woke up and found I'd turned into that, it'd be time for a walk in the snow. One-way ...
Dog Guard - deepwith
Cages are good, as dog cannot exit car unless you want him/her to. We also have one in the house so dog can get away from visiting children etc Recently saw a rather smart one which was sort of pop up fabric mesh with very comfy interior, to be used as dog bed or transporter - would fit a terrier but not, sadly, a large collie.
Dog Guard - Altea Ego
You can get dog tents (for that is what they are called) for big dogs.
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Dog Guard - Robbie
I bought a harness for my dog but he always managed to wriggle out of it in about a half hour. How he managed to do so I have no idea. Now that I have an Accord Tourer I bought a dog guard from Halfords. They are a pain to set up as the bits fall out of the opposite end as you are trying to fit it. The Honda dog guard is over £100 so it has to do.
Dog Guard - David Horn
My old car had an arm rest on the backseat that would fold down and allow access to the boot. Dog used to wander in and out freely, but preferred the boot.