What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
esso - colin
Esso are trumpeting that when you buy £20 worth of juice, they'll give you 60p off your next £20 purchase. By my reckoning that's about 1p a litre. Big deal!
Re: esso - Phil
I know, I thought that was such a crap deal. Save 3%!!!
Re: esso - Mark (Brazil)
3% is more than nothing if you're going there anyway.
Re: esso - Roger K.
Safeways give 5p a litre discount if you spend at least £40 in store.
Re: esso - Pete
Sometimes Safeway do 10p a litre for a £40 spend! Only for a few days and not all branches.
Re: esso - colin
Not 3% actually, Phil, because you have to buy at least £40 worth in total, so 1½% maximum!
Re: esso - Chad R
In my area Esso sell the cheapest fuel, by upto 2-3p per litre. Now when you consider that if you buy £20 worth of fuel (just under 30 litres at current prices) you're getting just over 2p per litre off.

Overall when considered with the already lower price thats an average of 5p per litre off.

What I do is just buy £20 worth and top up with £20 whenever I need more - that way gaining the maximum benefit. (OK, so call me a miser, but I'm the one saving money!)

Chad.R
Re: esso - Phil
Indeed Colin, I realised my mistake after I posted. Anyway, Esso are apparently very naughty www.stopesso.com - I have seen a few cars with these stickers.
Re: esso - colin
Chad, you're very lucky! Here in the Thames Valley they all seem to charge much the same. 70.9p at present or if youre lucky 69.9p. Strangely the lesser breeds seem to offer no price advantage. Even the supermarkets appear to be on the bandwagon.
But there's a fillup near Legoland which is always about 5p more, and it aint a brand leader.
Re: esso - Fred Stoat
Be careful, not all Esso stations are playing. I bought £40 worth yesterday to find that my local station wasn't in the scheme.