What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Radio interference - CM
I have one of these fitted radios in my car and the interference on MW is normally bad but when the headlights are turned on it gets even worse. What is this due to and can I get soemthing like this sorted out under warranty? the FM reception is great and I can pick up stations I've never heard of from about 70 miles away.
Re: Radio interference - ian (cape town)
there should ba a suppressor fitted - sounds like it's missing/faulty.
try listening to MW with the engine off. Then crank the motor, and see how much interference you get.
Then back to the dealers!
HYH
ian
Re: Radio interference - Tomo
Agreed that faulty suppression is possible. It could also be some sort of fault connected with the alternator itself, which could suddenly get worse. All the more reason to have a word with the dealer.
Re: Radio interference - mike
whats the car,?
there was a thing on radio 5 a couple of months ago, about german cars (audi bmw) not being able to pick up medium wave very well,
never did hear the outcome.
Re: Radio interference - CM
I caught that on R5 - but did not really pay attention but think that it was something to do with the Germans not having any MW radio stations. The car is a BMW