Dual Mass Flywheel - Grease_monkey
How Does the Dual Mass Flywheel work.
My 54 plate VW Golf TDi has been juddering when accelerating in 3rd gear with the engine warm since i brought it a month ago and Volkswagen yesterday have diagnosed it as clutch judder or could be the dual mass flywheel but won't know for certain till the gearbox is out.
If it is the dual mass flywheel do i demand them to change the clutch at the same time or just go with the flow??
Has anyone else experienced this problem with their Tdi Golf and what was done to fix it?
Dual Mass Flywheel - Caveman
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=37651
Dual Mass Flywheel - Aprilia
If you want it trouble free in the long term then clutch and DMF should be changed together.
Dual Mass Flywheel - Carrow
It may even come as one assembly anyway, I have have supplied these parts as one complete kit. It's probably worth checking in advance to avoid confrontation on the day, get it in writing if they say yes to changing both items. I presume it's still under warranty?
Dual Mass Flywheel - Xileno {P}
How can it be clutch judder when you're accelerating? Surely the clutch is engaged. Clutch judder happens on takeup.
Dual Mass Flywheel - Aprilia
How can it be clutch judder when you're accelerating? Surely the
clutch is engaged. Clutch judder happens on takeup.

Goodness knows! Sounds more like some kind of engine management problem to me.....But I guess the dealer has had the advantage of driving it and experiencing it, whereas we have not.
It only happens when the engine and transmission have started to warm up. I took the Workshop manager for a spin and demonstarted the fault to him and his reply was we'll have to remove the gearbox and have a look. He first said clutch judder but then said it could be the DMF. The more of a load you put on the car the worst it judders. Also i personally think that when changing gear it's unaccepably notchy.
Dual Mass Flywheel - Dr Rubber
There is a recall on certain 2.0 TDI tourans as the DMF has a fault. I don't know if it aplies to 2.0 golfs as well.
Joe
The car is now with Volkswagen. When i phoned them this evening they said that there was some 'high points' on the Flywheel which they are replacing. I'm hoping the DMF comes as a kit with the clutch but i'm not holding my breath as i'm sure VW will be reluctant to change something thats ok if it's not in a kit. Can anyone clear up whether it does come as a kit.
Dual Mass Flywheel - Dave N
They're available seperately, or as a kit. Just like you can buy a cambelt, or a cambelt kit containing tensioners etc.