What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Warranty Ford - JohnP27
Hey
What do you think of this. I have a two year old car from Ford with a 3 year exteneded warranty which my warranty guide (issued 2003) says is simply an extension of the original one year. I have a problem which is covered by this. Ford say they will not cover it as their warranty changed to limit cover in 2004. But I bought the car and warranty in 2003. So the 2004 version doesn't apply to me does it? Ford says it does as the documents says "specifications... are subject to change" you know that usual comment in all brochures etc. Any suggestions. they wont budge!!
Warranty Ford - cheddar
What is the problem, what car, mileage and age?
Warranty Ford - NowWheels
Doesn't the warranty form part of the contract at purchase? If so, it seems strange that Ford should be able to unilaterally change the terms of an existing conttact. It's one thing saying that newer cars may be sold on a different basis, but that doesn't sound like what's happened here.
Warranty Ford - JohnP27
Its no big deal. The hinge on the glove compartment broke. This is the only warranty claim I have made. A £50 part but why should I pay!
Warranty Ford - Falkirk Bairn
If the conditions of the extended warranty changed in 2004 - after you bought the cover in 2003 then I would suggest that it is encumbent upon

1) Ford to honour the cover
or
2) to write to Policy Holders, when the cahnge was made in 2004 informing them of the change so that you could arrange further cover from another source.

To say now in 2006 I would suggest that "their cover/escape clause" would come under UNFAIR CONTRACT TERMS LEGISLATION as you cannot offer cover, receive payment then change the cover offered.
Warranty Ford - Blue {P}
I doubt if the hinge would be covered under the original warranty anyway, I'd double check your paperwork, I know when I sold my aunt her 53 reg Cmax it turned out that the manufacturers warranty only covered trim for one year...

Blue