What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
New Honda Civic - Dude - {P}

Anyone seen any sales figures or anyone on the forum bought one of these new model Civics??? I must say that in my corner of the Westcountry, I have yet to see a single one, other than demonstrators from our local main dealership.!!!!
New Honda Civic - Adam {P}
I saw one at the lights last week and it looks very very striking on the road. If the interior looks as nice as the photos suggest then it'll be a massive seller regardless of rear visibility.
New Honda Civic - Falkirk Bairn
I have seen 2 on the road - Black & Silver and both looked great - Son & DiL have bought a blue one but that will be mid- March before it comes.

They T/I Mini Cooper - bought 6 mth old Cooper 2.5 yrs ago as ex-demo and only dropped £2000 in 30 months - they will drop a lot more on the Civic even if it is a good as they claim.
New Honda Civic - BeeBee
I've had mine for just under two weeks now. I'm over the moon with it. I haven't yet seen another one on the road either, apart from the demonstrators from the dealership, who said that I was the first of their customers to take delivery, so that was nice.

BB
New Honda Civic - caesar
Yesterday was the first time i had seen one on the road.
I said to my good lady,we are thinking of having one of those.
She Says ,you, might be thinking of one of them but we are not
Its horrible!!
I have to admit the rear of the car does look a little awkward.
New Honda Civic - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
One came close to my rear end headlights blazing. I thought 'you don't get many people covering their grilles with foil nowadays.................'
--
I wasna fu but just had plenty.
New Honda Civic - lordy
Have seen quite a few around. Mostly driven by the elderly. Mind you, the demography of the area I live in is dominated by the elderly. Even the shop windows are bi-focal......
--
let me be the last to let you down....
New Honda Civic - caesar
I still think it will be the elderly(approx 40 and above)that will buy the new civic.As skodas could tell you,you dont shake off a image very easily.
New Honda Civic - machika
40 and above is elderly? Good gracious, to think I have been elderly for almost twenty years! That would make a large proportion of the population elderly for at least half of their lifetime.
New Honda Civic - helicopter
40 + Elderly - What a cheeky young pup that Caeser is - I nearly choked on my Werthers.....

Mind you I did manage to get my first 'Seniors' discount last year in the States at the Civil Rights museum in Memphis but that was 55 and over.

I will be having a good look at the new Civic soon but to date have only seen it in the showroom. Trouble is that my existing Civic still ticks all the boxes for me so why pay a fortune to change ?
New Honda Civic - daveyjp
A couple of weeks ago I posted about some friends who were going from two cars to one and a works van. They ideally wanted a cabrio, but went to look at the new Civic as they have had Hondas in the past. They liked the modern style of the car and the drive was OK, but they were disappointed by the finish and quality of the fittings in the demo car which had covered less than a thousand miles. It was showing more signs of wear than their 4 year old A4 which has covered 50,000 miles and this was enough to put them off.
New Honda Civic - Avant
If the buyers continue to be elderly, steer well clear of a Civic in reverse. The drivers won't be able to see much out of the rear window with that pointless spoiler in the middle of it.

If only the spoiler were a delete option it would be very tempting. It surely isn't fast enough to need one - even the TDI is slower than my A4 and that manages very well unspoilt.
New Honda Civic - AlanGowdy
I think it might suffer from the fact that items which are at the forefront of fashionable design often date more quickly than more conservative designs. I (rather older than 40) quite like it. My son (21) thinks it is hideously ugly.