What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Focus TDDI or is it TDCI? - auld reekie
52 plate Ford focus tddi, Ford dealers insurers etc say its a tddi according to Reg No: On rocker cover its stamped Endura DI.
Just below on the side of rocker cover is a label/barcode encased in a sort of plastic, on it it says "Endura TDCI stage 3"

What is the car and what is this stage 3 mean.

Cheers
Focus TDDI or is it TDCI? - cheddar
52 plate should be a TDCi, either 100 or 115 PS, though I thought they said TDCi on top of the engine, best ask a Ford dealer they will confirm from the VIN plate or simply the injection/turbo plumbing.
Focus TDDI or is it TDCI? - kithmo
If it's a basic model like the CL then it probably is a TDDi. SWMBO's 52 reg Focus CL is a TDDi, her's has 90PS written on the intercooler as well.
Focus TDDI or is it TDCI? - spadger
The I possibly means intercooled rather than injection?
Focus TDDI or is it TDCI? - robert
There are 2 different TDCi engines in the Focus - 100 & 115 PS. The is a label above the radiator which gives the power. The TDdi's are mainly 90ps - although there are also a few 75's as well as imports.

This label could be wrong however - so dont trust it!

The TDci usually have quite a large black plastic engine cover - wheras the TDdi dosn't.

The surefire way to tell is as follows:

Both TDCI's have their fuel injector pipes from the injectors going to a circular assembly located at an angle of 45 degrees and behind the radiator This has 5 or 6 connections to it. The TDdi fuel pipes are much straighter and dont have this. This assembly will be beneath the engine cover - if fitted (its cosmetic).

Hope this helps .........
Focus TDDI or is it TDCI? - Sprice
I know this sounds really obvious, but the TDCi's have a small badge on the right side of the bootlid, whereas the TDDi's dont! Just trying to help you out thats all :)
Focus TDDI or is it TDCI? - sierraman
On a slight side note,why do manufacturers bother putting i on when it is a diesel anyway?I wasn't aware there was any other way of fuelling one.
Focus TDDI or is it TDCI? - auld reekie
Thanks for the fast response guys. I forgot to add that 90 PS is marked on top of the turbo unit. Correct me if I'm wrong but from that I think I'm correct in assuming it is the TDDI version.

Thanks
Focus TDDI or is it TDCI? - robert
Perfectly logical answer - but its only a label.

I once looked @ one that was badged as a TDci and had a 115ps sticker under the bonnet.

It might have been a genuine problem - but I COULD have got fleeced!
Focus TDDI or is it TDCI? - Snakey
90ps is a TDDI - same as the one I have (a 2002)

I thought the TDDI was still offered right until the end of the previous Focus generation as a slightly cheaper alternative to the TDci (possible for company buyers?)

Focus TDDI or is it TDCI? - Xileno {P}
Don't trust stickers, get the VIN checked.
My Megane says 80bhp on the door pliiar sticker, but it's definitely the 100bhp engine.