What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Cherished numbers - richard turpin
I have been given an old Maestro free for the kids to learn to drive on. My part of the deal is that I have to MOT it and sell the number plate NPC 1L. I have absolutely no idea what to ask. I was thinking of £500 because it's a round number. I don't suppose anyone has any idea of what I should ask. I don't want to advertise too high as I want to get rid of it. Most of them seem to ask silly money. I propose to use LOOT. Any experience by others gratefully received.
Re: Cherished numbers - ladas are slow
try putting it on an online auction, you can put the minimum bid at £500 and if anybody bids higher, good.

try using www.yahoo.co.uk or www.ebay.co.uk

its free to list on yahoo auctions, but ebay is better to sell registrations on.
Re: Cherished numbers - richard turpin
Lada, will try. Ta.
Re: Cherished numbers - Dave N
I should think £500 is about right. Problem is finding someone with those initials, therefore you may need to go to one of the companies that advertises nationally. They'll make you all sorts of promises, but the bottom line is can they find you a buyer. Why don't you just keep it yourself for novelty value?
Re: Cherished numbers - Tomo
Why does anyone want a distinctive number anyway? The less memorable the better!
Re: Cherished numbers - David W
Richard,

Why not look in the business phone book section (or any other source of small-medium business names) and find some that fit the initials....then cold call satrting at £500.

Might just see it on a Merc up the industrial estates in a month or so.

David