Cabrio PVC rear window cleaning - barchettaman
After the triumph of the jeweller´s rouge on the front window scuffs of the Barchetta, now attention turns to the PVC rear window which has become cloudy with age. It´s not that bad, but if anyone on the Backroom has a magic fix to try before I replace the whole shebang (could be a bit pricy) I would love to hear it!
I´m pretty sure that the jeweller´s rouge won´t work on the back window before anyoneone suggests it...!
Thanks in advance,
Barchettaman
Cabrio PVC rear window cleaning - Victorbox
Renovo Plastic Window Polish as described here www.clean-image.co.uk/valeting_convertible.htm
Cabrio PVC rear window cleaning - Victorbox
Get some Renovo here:
www.frost.co.uk/item_Detail.asp?productID=8840
Or
www.mx5parts.co.uk/product_info.php/products_id/165
Cabrio PVC rear window cleaning - Navara Van man
Most renovation finishes will mearly 'varnish over' the scratches as oposed to abrading them back as in the case of jewlers rouge.

Paul
Cabrio PVC rear window cleaning - steveo3002
meguiars plast x is intended for these windows
Cabrio PVC rear window cleaning - just a bloke
One word... Renovo

The window of my spider was completely opaque, 1 hour with a polishing machine and a bottle of Renovo and it's now see through.
In fact I recomend all of their Hood products.

:) JaB
Cabrio PVC rear window cleaning - daveyjp
Used Mer glass cleaner and smart cabrio window cleaner on our smart - both did a great job and look suspiciously like the same product!
Many thanks one and all for some really good tips. Looks like I´ll be getting some Renovo, and let you know how it goes. Anything´s got to be better than ?200+ for a new window...
Cheers,
Barchettaman
Right, well, half an hour and half a bottle of Renovo later the Barchetta back window is now practically good as new. I´d definitely recommend the Renovo stuff - I reckon that´s ?200 saved.
One point though - it was only after 20 minutes of furious polishing of the outside surface without much luck, that I realised maybe the inside surface needed doing too... suddenly, Road to Damascus revelation-style, the light came streaming through!!

Many thanks to all for the suggestions.
Regards,
Barchettaman
Cabrio PVC rear window cleaning - martint123
I'd advise doing it in warm weather (too late now of course!), the rear windows are fairly brittle in the current cold weather and can split if manipulated too much.

Oops. It was about -5 yesterday.
Looks like I got lucky, as the window didn´t split.
This stuff is also recommende, if Renovo proves difficult to obtain:

snipurl.com/pum2