What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
New Honda Ad. - P.Mason {P}
Have just watched the new ad. for Honda - (the choir in the underground carpark) -absolutely gripping!
I saw the first new Civic 'in the metal' yesterday in a local car park. A stunning looking car; I'd like to try reverse parking with it before I bought one, though..
P.
New Honda Ad. - Big Bad Dave
I love the current Audi S6 ad with the spider.
New Honda Ad. - Dynamic Dave
Have just watched the new ad. for Honda - (the choir in the underground carpark)

Goto www.honda.co.uk/civic/ to see it.

Skip the intro if you want, then click on "Watch" at the bottom of the page.
New Honda Ad. - mss1tw
I've just watched it this second - FANTASTIC!
New Honda Ad. - AlastairW
Thats it. We have a decision. My next car will be a Civic. Not sure when, but it will be.
Not just the ad that swung it mind you. Saw one in the flesh last week and it looked really cool..
New Honda Ad. - nortones2
Very gripping ad, in a Steradent sort of way....
New Honda Ad. - Vansboy
Whoever their ad agency is, are certainly earning their £$£$

Verrrrry clever & you knew it was a Honda ad, though, too!!

VB
New Honda Ad. - oldpostie
I had a test drive in a Civic 2.2 diesel yesterday. Lovely car to drive, though one rear passenger was glad to get back to the Mondeo for comfort, and less clonking. Whose stupid idea is it to make the spare wheel an optional extra ? Have they ever had a puncture in the wilds of Scotland, far away from mobile phone signal ?
New Honda Ad. - Editor
just gets better. I adored the 'power of dreams' concept as well.

I've an even more photogenic dog to lean out of the window-reckon I could get a type R for his inclusion??!

New Honda Ad. - turbo11
All of Honda's adverts are great. They have a superb advertising team.I wonder where the "choir" came from.The sound effects are excellent.This advert makes a real change to the usual rubbish adverts.Its a real pleasure to watch,hope it wins an award.
New Honda Ad. - Pugugly {P}
Seems to be human rather than CGI
New Honda Ad. - Chad.R
The dog or the choir?
Dog.
New Honda Ad. - mfarrow
All Honda adverts to date are great but...

... I hate the Civic advert. It goes on way too long and the shots of the car/choir are dull, boring and nothing new, which is what I've come to expect from Honda. The only thing clever and interesting is the sound effects. It reminds me too much of an Audi advert.

--------------
Mike Farrow
New Honda Ad. - mss1tw
And a big thumbs down to the new Jag advert. Gorgeous this gorgeous that. Shallow pap for shallow people.
Whatever the new Honda is it isn't dull.
New Honda Ad. - Adam {P}
New Honda ad = fantastic. I shouldn't worry too much Mike, if it follows previous Honda traditions, soon there'll be a cut down version.

You have to admit, it is pretty damn good though. Some of the best ads around.
New Honda Ad. - rip
Seen it today- brilliant again by Honda, although once you seen it a couple of times it will (already has) become tedious.

Anyone remember the other Honda ad (accord i think) where each component hits another in a long chain to finally conclude with a picture of the car, now that was a beauty.
New Honda Ad. - P 2501
A good ad, but got to agree with above that it is just too long to the point of tedium.

I preferred "cog". which (for me at least) never got boring.
New Honda Ad. - tr7v8
Quite agree, good & novel the first couple of times & damn wearing after that. Massively long as well, god knows what their advertising budget is?
Cog was very clever & always brought a smile to my face, no matter how many times I saw it, they've deteriorated since in my view.
Only saw the Jag one for the first time last night & haven't seen the Honda one on the box yet.

Jim

New Honda Ad. - Chris M
Good ad the first time and it put money in the pockets of 60 'resting' actors.

As for the car, we had one parked outside our office on Friday by the local dealer. Attracted a lot of attention from the 20 somethings but us older ones pretty much ignored it, which is probably the way Honda wants it. Have they taken the Zimmer off the options list now?

Chris M
New Honda Ad. - R75
Have just spent an hour in a Honda dealer getting a diagnostic done on the Prelude, had a nose around the new civic whilst I was there, cant say the outside does much for me, but I don't dislike it - the inside however - Wow, now I am hooked, It is a peace of superb design, i could have spent all morning in it just looking round, even the gearstick gator looks excellent. Only let down is the quality of the plastics used, the ones in the Prelude are far better. Now all I need to do is find c£15k to buy one!!!!!!
New Honda Ad. - JohnX
The ad sounds fantastic on a good pair of headphones rather than through the PC speakers.
New Honda Ad. - JH
Sorry P, it's too long, it's boring and then it just becomes irritating.

So what is it exactly they're tryiong to sell?

John
New Honda Ad. - Perturbed
Seemingly the ad is set to run for 120 seconds for the first week only (fri 13th - Fri 20th) then it will drop to a shortened 60 second and 40 second variant.

Only problem I have is that you see precious little of the car. I bought one last week for a March 1st delivery and can hardly wait!
New Honda Ad. - BeeBee
Mine's ready today! It's very exciting. I went to the dealership to see it during daylight and it looks stunning.

Unfortunately my insurance company screwed up in a very big way and so I can't collect it until tomorrow (to their credit, they apologised multiple times, couriered me new documents and compensated me, so I can't ask for more in the circumstances)

But, I've seen it, I've sat in it and I played with the lights.

BB
New Honda Ad. - nortones2
120 seconds too long? How do people cope with Handel? At least it stops the other ads.
You won't sleep tonight then! - What colour/trim/engine did you go for?
New Honda Ad. - BeeBee
1.8i-VTEC EX 6-speed manual in galaxy grey metallic
Lovely - how good is the satnav?
New Honda Ad. - BeeBee
I finally have the car. It's absolutely stunning and I'm very pleased with it :-)

The handbook is 480 pages thick, to put it in perspective -- plus a separate satnav manual which is over 100 pages. Despite that, it's all really intuitive to use. I'm particularly impressed that the satnav has the ability to get traffic informatino and route you around it. I didn't realise that the satnav in this car had that option, but it does.

I can't wait to go on a decent sized trip -- unfortunately I'm working all week.
Thanks BeeBee. Now I really can't wait to get hold of my new toy on March 1st

Honda music advert - artful dodger {P}
Last night on Channel 5 I saw a new Honda advert that was brilliant. I think it was 60 seconds long and featured a choir making noise that a Honda would make e.g the shutting of a door, the swish of the wipers, travelling over cobbles. It was very original and clever, keeping my attention for the whole advert. I recon they are on to a new winner.

--
Roger
I read frequently, but only post when I have something useful to say.
Honda music advert - martint123
They do make some clever ads.

www.honda.co.uk/civic
Honda music advert - J Bonington Jagworth
"They do make some clever ads."

Now all they have to do is to make a car you can see out of ... :-)
Honda music advert - drbe
Yeah, I've seen the ad for the new Honda - or something - and?