What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Urgent! Honda Immobiliser - Mikey Jay
My Honda Prelude has an aftermarket immobliser fitted and supplied by Honda. It is a 1990 vehicle and one pushes a sort of chip thing in to a socket on the dash momentarily to overide the immob. I have lost one of the chip thingumwys off my key ring. Trouble is, its the chip with good contacts at the end. My spare thingumwy chip has worn contacts. It does work, but for how long. No spares available. Anyone know where I can get a circuit diagram from? I don't see how you can disconnect it without a circuit. I suppose I could ask a Honda dealer. They did offer to do it for me. Car is in very good condition. Any help appreciated? Cheers, Mike
Urgent! Honda Immobiliser - Armitage Shanks {p}
If a dealer offered to fix it for you what is the problem - the price perhaps? Have a look at

www.autolocksmiths.net/
Urgent! Honda Immobiliser - Mikey Jay
No problem really, it's just that if one can do a job one's self you can save a long trip to the dealer and some dosh and hanging around.The dealer didn't say how long it would take to do but assured me that it would not be very costly. Bexhill Honda are always helpful. Thanks for your reply Armitage Shanks.