What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
New Suzuki Swift - Dude - {P}
Anybody on the forum got one of these motors??? Have checked out H.J`s car x car but ubfortunately not too much info.

I ask because there are several locally and all seem to be travelling at a serious rate of knots, and IMHO are quite a cute looking motor. I am interested to know any feedback re ride/handling and performance, as reliability is sure to be spot on.
New Suzuki Swift - Stuartli
I've read one or two reviews and general concensus seems to be that it's a hoot and, compared to the past, comes with better build quality.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
New Suzuki Swift - Flying Red
I tried one this week and thought it was excellent. I drove the 1.5 GLX 5 door.

It's very well equipped and with height adjustable seat, very easy to get a good driving position. I thought the engine quiet and refined, it was lively enough, handled well. There were no squeaks and rattles on quite a bumpy test route.

With the seat adjusted for me (5' 9") there was plenty of legroom for me to sit behind myself. The boot is average for the class (around 260 litres) but big enough for the weekly shop.

As this model lists over £1000 less than the benchmark Honda Jazz I thought it was extremely competitive. Took my partner to have a look today and she approved, so will attempt to negotiate a deal.

Autotrader has a few demonstrators listed from £7495.
New Suzuki Swift - tr7v8
As I've said before I've run 3 suzuki's and they've all had great build quality. More importantly the dealers are all enthusiastic & very helpful, even on "iffy" warranty work eg. they paid for a set of discs on my Wagon R, also a cat on the wifes Swift at 2 yrs 11 months when it died, after set of err.... speed humps.
Cheap to maintain & bits not a fortune either.
1 litre 3 pot on the Old swift was amazing, everyone who drove it/rode in it swore it was a 1300!
It's a bit like Alfas, because the press don't warm to them they slag them off. People paying with their own money have a different opinion.

Jim

New Suzuki Swift - Flying Red
It's a bit like Alfas, because the press don't warm to
them they slag them off. People paying with their own money
have a different opinion.

Interesting how the press print good things about the cars from manufacturers with big advertising budgets isn't it?

Having said that, the Swift was Car magazine's car of the year.
New Suzuki Swift - v0n
Perhaps the most funny aspect of new Suzuki Swift is space saver spare in versions with alloys. If you have 3 passengers and a driver and happen to drive over nail one of the passengers will have to keep filthy alloy and punctured tyre on his lap as it won't fit in tiny boot...
New Suzuki Swift - Geordie1
My wife bought the original LWB Vitara in 1990 and part-exchanged it in 1998 for the 2nd generation Grand Vitara which she still has. My daughter bought the 3 cylinder Swift GLS in 1996 and is still running it 10 years later. All three vehicles have been absolutely superb and the customer service provided by my local Suzuki dealerships has been outstanding. For instance there was an occasion when my wifes first Vitara sustained a cracked cylinder head having been inadvertently driven without water owing to a water pump fault. The vehicle was some 2 years out of warranty yet Suzuki made a substantial contribution to the cost of repair. You can't get much better than that! I am sure that the current generation Suzuki range is light years ahead of our vehicles in respect of technology and overall quality and from my personal experience I would certainly recommend the marque as being excellent value for the money even though perhaps once in a lifetime you may have to carry the punctured wheel of the new Swift on your lap!

New Suzuki Swift - ajit
I just bought one last week for my wife. Alas, this is in India so it has the older Swift engine modified to Euro Iv - 87 bhp. This engine is used for India and Chine in the interest of simplicity and keeping costs down also better low down torque

200km on so far - Very solid and stable, steering is EPS so a little dead compared to a Fiesta. Very secure handling. Brakes are very strong - never even kicked the ABS in as yet. Build quality is good although the plastics pong badly. It is a heavy car, initial pickup is feeble but again am still running it in.

Swift was designed with East Europe and India also in mind so robustness is built into it.

Only negatives - Boot is pathetic and rear leg space limited when a six footer drives.

I also have a Getz which is used by my mother - in comparison the Getz is very understeery but has more space and better interiors

Go for it as a second car unless you are single !
New Suzuki Swift - ajit
My swift has a full size spare (well came with 175 alloys + 165 steel) - moved upto 195 alloys and spare fits in protrudes by 2 cm
Off-topic - a team of BMW engineers came with the new 3 series to India to test the car out and had a big problem with run-flats - dealers are 1000 km apart and no spare wheel well - they got 5 punctures testing on bad roads