What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
ford mondeo lights - pogo
Can anyone help here. The lights on my dashboard go on and off for no reason. If I hit the dashboard they will come back on. I believe there is a short somewhere. Has anyone had a similar problem? Can any of you help??? The car is a Ford Mondeo 1.8 TD Ghia X 97 P reg Mark One.

ford mondeo lights - Xileno {P}
More likely just a bad connection rather than a short circuit.
ford mondeo lights - elekie&a/c doctor
A ghia x will have a dash light dimmer control.I would think that this is the problem with the erratic lights.Try rotating the control slowly from one end to the other to see if the fault appears.
Cheers for the info. However light dimmer working fine. No problems with the dimmer. Dashboard lights will be working then next minute not. Any further suggestions.

Thanks again.

VMT
What do you mean by bad connection. I had a problem with water ingress on the rear cluster light (passenger side) and problem has only occurred since I took out indicator panel. Any suggestions here. Front lights work ok no problems. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

VMT