What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Audi A2 - Dai Woo
Was waiting at the traffic lights behind one of these today.

I don't know about the front view, but the view of the back is UGLY.

Am I being unfair?

The A3 looks good from all angles, but that is in a different league.
Re: Audi A2 - Hal Ford
I love them!
Re: Audi A2 - C T Rone
No need to worry about a front and rear end shunt, look like they had one already.

I would like one for shopping though.

C T Rone
Re: Audi A2 - Al Mostbroke.
Yes, they are as ugly from any other angle - not just the back.
Re: Audi A2 - Robert Evans
Indeed, the A2's look may take a bit of getting used to, but it takes the 'New-Edge' design initiated by Ford (first seen in the Ka and admirably mirrored in the Focus - but less successfully in the New Fiesta) into a new league of 'chic-dom'. You can't deny it looks cool and distinctive. This look is very much in vogue, - just look at Fiat's new Stilo. The days of the bubble-mould late Mondeo are long since dead and buried.

One point about the A2, though, - have you noticed the angle of the rear screen? It's practically horizontal. Every A2 I have seen has a filthy rear screen. In attempting to be clever, Audi have created a flat screen which collects dust, - and there isn't even a rear wiper to rectify the problem. An oversight on the part of Audi, I think!
Re: Audi A2 - Dai Woo
To add more to the debate, despite finding the A2 ugly I like both the Fiat Multipla and that 1950's throwback whose name I can't recall at this point but I think it's a sort of Chrysler.
You mean the Chrysler PT Cruiser
That's the one.

Nice.

Wouldn't buy one mind you, but that doesn't mean I can't admire it.
They are extremely pricey, but well specced I suppose. Plus, since they're considered so cool they seem to be holding their value well at the moment
Maybe a bit overpriced. But nice.

As is the RS Skoda Octavia, so I'm not a badge snob.
Re: Audi A2 - ladas are slow
if your not a badge snob, then buy a lada ;-)
I do have SOME taste, LAS !

I bet you haven't heard these before:

How do you double the value of a Lada?
Fill it up with petrol.

What do you call a Lada Convertible?
A Skip

Regards

Dai Woo
what do you call a lada at the top of a hill - a miracle. why does a lada have a heated rear window - to keep your hands warm when pushing it.
But you can get a Mondeo for less than that.

Not my cup of cocoa old bean, but there you go ......

Somewhere in the middle of Spain, a Lada is driving along and meets a donkey.
The donkey, never having seen a Lada before, asks: "What are you?"
The Lada say's "I am a car. What are you?"
The donkey say's "Hahahaha... If you're a car, I'm a horse!"

A kid is walking down the road when a car pulls up beside him. The window winds down and a middle aged man peers out and says "Come into the car and I'll take you for a drive." The kid refuses and walks on.
The car follows him and pulls up again. "C'mon" says the driver "Hop in and I'll give you a packet of Smarties".
Again the kid refuses and walks away.
The car follows him and pulls up beside him again. The driver steps out and says, "If you come for a drive I'll give you all the sweets you want".
The kid turns around and says "Look Dad, you bought the bloody Lada, now you deal with it!"

A bloke was driving up the M1 in his Lada. Suddenly there is a pop and a bang and the Lada starts to loose speed quickly so he pulls off to the hard shoulder. A few minutes later a Porsche pulls up in front of them and a bloke jumps out.
"Do you want a tow mate?" he says, "yes please" the Lada driver replies.
"Ok, but if I go too fast then you will have to put you're indicator on or I will lose myself!!"
So the two men set off and after about ten minutes a Ferrari pulls up alongside the Porsche and they start to race, forgetting the poor Lada behind. Finally they take an exit to a little village and zoom past a little pub with a man standing outside it with his pint in his hand. This bloke runs inside to his friends and blurts out; "You'll never guess what I have just seen! I saw a Ferrari and Porsche racing at 250 mph and a Lada indicating to overtake!!!"
lada jokes. - ladas are slow
alot of good jokes there, i wonder what the other backroomers think.
Re: lada jokes. - skodaboy
You are a joke
Re: Audi A2 - Andrew Wills
more money than sense buys a small Audi (hey, is the A2 REALLY so light that the operatiing windscreen wiper rocks thecar...?)
Re: Audi A2 - Jonathan
They are not overpriced. The OTR price starts at 15k.
Re: Audi A2 - Dozy
LAS,
You are really on form tonight, all those original posts. Had double strength cocoa have we?
no just a red bull.
Re: lada jokes. - Grandpa
Ladas/Chris Watson

Someone famous once said "Better say nothing and be thought a fool, than open your mouth and confirm it."

It still applies in this electronic age - or can't you make the connection?
Re: lada jokes. - Andy Bairsto
The problem is he keeps forgetting his pills as he lives in a total virtual world you have to treat anything he says with a little contempt.Especially when he insults people both on and off this forum.