What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
new honda commercial - smilingvulture
guy on bike--car---with sinatra soundtrack

its great till the ballon at the end
new honda commercial - BladeRunner
Yes annoying already..... and even if they win the F1 world championship like Renault I wouldn't buy a Honda (or a Renault). In fact annoying adds always tend to do the oppoisite for me.
new honda commercial - mike hannon
When I saw the title of this thread I thought Honda was introducing another Acty for the 21st century! Now there was a neat little motor...
I don't watch TV commercials.
I do buy Hondas.
Cause and effect? Or should that be the other way round?
new honda commercial - Altea Ego
if its got you guys talking about it - its worked
--
RF - Da DAA. < changes in phone box > Its TOURVAN man
new honda commercial - BladeRunner
Don't know about that, I wouldn't touch Cilit Bang with a 200 ft barge pole, and if I ever see Barry Scott I'll deck him!!

Honda's new add is / will be annoying just like the previous "What IF" irritation, but they did have genius once with the superb Cog advert.... still gave me no desire whatsoever to own the car they were trying to plug whatever it was.....
new honda commercial - richy
>>Don't know about that, I wouldn't touch Cilit Bang with a 200 >>ft barge pole, and if I ever see Barry Scott I'll deck him!!

Reminds me of the Simpsons episode when Homer wants to promote his snow plow services (motoring link!):

advertising guy: "You know those radio adverts when two people with annoying voices talk to one another? well I invented those!"

(Homer thumps him in the mouth)

advertising guy: "happens all the time
new honda commercial - No FM2R
>>Don't know about that, I wouldn't touch Cilit Bang with a 200 ft barge pole, and if I ever see Barry Scott I'll deck him!!

Now I totally agree with you.

However, in a panic on Sunday due to an unfortunate incident with one of her coats and some grease from my bacon sandwich, I went down to Tescos ("went" ? Hah ! ran like a scared rabbit) and bought everything I'd ever seen an advert for saying it removed stains.

THe point being that these adverts are not aimed at people who know what they are buying (my wife) they are aimed at fools with no clue but with a need (Me).

Mostly the same is true of car adverts.
new honda commercial - Dynamic Dave
guy on bike--car---with sinatra soundtrack
its great till the ballon at the end

You mean this one?:-

www.thepowerofdreams.com/

(Click on "Discover Honda's Impossible Dreams", then skip the intro - unless you really want to watch it, then click "Watch the tv ad" at the bottom of the page)
new honda commercial - AlastairW
Clever ad, great song but; In what way is the balloon Honda powered? Every other vehicle featured was, i think.
new honda commercial - mss1tw
Annoying and very boring.
new honda commercial - Julian
Philistines all of you !!

Fantastic ad, so much better than all the other drivel for cars.

I would consider buying a Honda, but not a Renault.
new honda commercial - J Bonington Jagworth
"In what way is the balloon Honda powered?"

Hot air. :-)
new honda commercial - helicopter
I like the ad but then I drive a Honda. It intrigues me for a couple of reasons....

I'd like to know where it was filmed as the trees in the background at the beginning of the ad are the most fantastic shapes ,due I think to strong prevailing winds. Could possibly be New Zealand or South of South America.

The huge waterfall the powerboat goes over has snow covered mountains in the background -so where is it - IMO only Niagara and Victoria Falls are that size.

Incidentally , I think the singer is Andy Williams not Sinatra.

A lot of thought has gone into it and as we are all talking about it then its done the trick for Honda.

Anyway its a whole lot better than Sinatra singing on that intensely irritating 'Come fly with me' ad for the Laguna
new honda commercial - Group B
I'd like to know where it was filmed as the trees
in the background at the beginning of the ad are the
most fantastic shapes ,due I think to strong prevailing winds. Could
possibly be New Zealand or South of South America.

One of the early scenes has a lot of sheep in it - so made me think New Zealand. At the bottom of the screen on the website it says "Win a Trip to New Zealand". If you click on this link it says the new ad was filmed there.

Not as annoying as the awful "Zoom Zoom Zoom" Euro-pop on the Mazda adverts, IMO...
new honda commercial - Adam {P}
I have no idea why, but I get tingles when he's racing the NSX and then the F1 car when the song plays and it makes me want to go out and live life. (Although admittedly probably not in a Honda)

I wouldn't say no to an NSX though.
new honda commercial - Mutton Geoff
I still confuse this ad for the chewing gum one where the guy backs out of his motorcycle jump over the Grand Canyon.

new honda commercial - madf
I appear to have a built in sense which enables me to read newspapers/watch TV and not watch (or forget I have watched) any adverts.

I'm afraid most are bring except the car adverts for the idiot who is buying car insurnce as his mate watches his dog? cat? budgie nearly destroy his car.

Aimed at those whose thought processes don't process imo...
madf
new honda commercial - Adam {P}
I've just had a look and it turns out I actually have the song. No idea whether Ol' Blue Eyes sang it but the Andy Williams version sounds identical to the one on the ad.
new honda commercial - trancer
" if its got you guys talking about it - its worked"

So it appears that the purpose of an advertisement is to get people talking about the advertisement.

I wonder if Honda is aware that the millions they are spending on advertising only serves the people who create the ads and helps them win industry awards etc?.