What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Air bag renewal - Ford - pmh
www.etis.ford.com/fordservice/serviceScheduleView....o

Ford show "Airbag renewal" at 15 yrs on the service schedule - this is for Fiesta Zetec. Has this always been shown or is it a sign of things to come?

Next will be insurance companies requiring service in accordance with manufacturers specn or disowning claims. Although technically they will probably not be able to get out of 3rd party liability, this would probably give problems if owner was in passenger seat and wife was driving?

--

pmh (was peter)

Air bag renewal - Ford - L'escargot
According to government statistics the average life of a car in this country is 12 to 13 years, so scheduled airbag renewal at 15 years may only be of academic interest for most cars.
--
L\'escargot.
Air bag renewal - Ford - kithmo
Airbags will probably be ancient technology in 15 years time anyway, we'll be sat in a gel filled self driving car by then LOL.
Air bag renewal - Ford - bell boy
citroen airbags if you take them out and look have a much shorter life.(im not recommending you do mind)
Air bag renewal - Ford - islandman
Unless I'm mistaken, the only time airbags actually get tested is when they are needed. So if there is a fault it's a bit late then. I know there is usually a warning indicator to tell you if there is 'fault' but how accurate are these. Don't suppose I'm really going to worry about this though.