Coolant Compatibility - Peugeot - mss1tw
Going to need an expert here.

I had to top up the Peugeots coolant. Is normal blue coolant compatible with Peugeot coolant? I haven't got another bottle of Peugeot coolant to compare against, it was all used when the water pump was done with cambelt. I sucked up some with some clear hose and it didn't really have a colour.

It's an HDi, if that makes any difference.
Coolant Compatibility - Peugeot - Armitage Shanks {p}
I am at work right now but I have a litre of Pug antifreeze at home - I'll check the colour and post an answer Monday!
Many thanks! If it lists compatible coolants that would be handy as well.

Good morning! My best guess is that the Peugeot coolant is special to type and shouldn't be mixed. I say this because, according to the handbook/tech manual the coolant never needs changing except at 5 years/80,000 for the boxer (whatever that is!). My coolant in the supplied pack is a medium blue colour, like watery ink. It comes as a 2 ltr pack, ready mixed and protects to -35C. It doesn't have a code or part number on it but the words Glysantin G33-23f/50 are on the label and it is Peugeot's own brand as supplied by a dealer. I would not be inclined to top up with any other type or brand, personally!
Thanks Armitage! I'm really not sure whether to flush it all out or not. I only put in enough to take it from Min to Max, maybe 200 - 300ml?

Do you work for Peugeot then?
No I don't! Having spent 40 years as a pilot, mostly in things with only one engine, I am VERY aware of engine instructions, checks, precautions and servicing! There are old pilots and bold pilots but there are very few old and bold pilots! I am just old!
Sorry, forgot to add - I am talking Hdi here, like yours
Thankyou Armitage, that's very helpful. I Googled the info you gave me and found this page.

tinyurl.co.uk/zp0l

I think I'm going to ditch it. Maybe I'm worrying over nothing, but better safe than sorry. Hopefully it will be ok for a week or so.

Again, thanks for your help.
Coolant Compatibility - Peugeot - Fullchat
Peugeot Antigel 9735.E8 is a greeny/yellow in colour.

Fullchat