What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Wax on windscreens - Chris S
Does anybody know how to get car-wax of windscreens, please? Washing-up liquid (etc) has no effect.
Wax on windscreens - wantone
vinegar does the trick!!
Wax on windscreens - SjB {P}
No doubt many products and a deluge of advice will now be forthcoming, but I successfully used acetone.
Wax on windscreens - AngryJonny
I would vote for any party proposing to ban the addition of wax to car shampoo. What's the point? If I want to wax my car I'll wax my car, but I don't want wax on the windscreen thanks.
----
Life is complex; it has real and imaginary parts.
Wax on windscreens - cheddar
Agreed, Vinegar, gets rid off just about anything of a windscreen, much cheaper than any windscreen cleaner, otherwise anything very stubborn can be removed with T-Cut, T-Cut abrades whatever it is that is on the glass though does not scratch the glass it'self, no good on fries though.
Wax on windscreens - Xileno {P}
I've heard that methylated spirit is very good, but haven't tried it myself.
Wax on windscreens - patently
I've heard that methylated spirit is very good, but haven't tried
it myself.

Good for windscreens, too. ;-)
Wax on windscreens - Xileno {P}
Groan!
Wax on windscreens - Stuartli
I used to use Simoniz wax free car shampoo which prevented the windscreen glass being smeared with unwanted wax deposits.

I bought a two-litre bottle for £3.99 on Ormskirk market about three years ago and it lasted for ages.

However, unless anyone knows anything to the contrary, Simonez's website (www.simoniz.co.uk) doesn't seem to exist any more, although its products still seem to be tested/reviewed.

The US website is:

www.simonizusa.com/

and the nearest equivalent product Car Wash Concentrate.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by