Omega Cooling System - Mike12
Had new header tank fitted to cure supposed "COOLANT LEVEL ALARM INDICATOR" 3 months ago. Now alarm coming on even when header tank has required level of liquid in it. Tank also empties when used. Temp indicator up and down dependant on speed. Checked oil, no sign of water, also no visible signs of other leaks. Minimal hot air available inside car when turned on. Suggestions ideas welcomed.
Omega Cooling System - Chad.R
Had a similar problem and symptoms with my (then Neighbour's) Omega ...see
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=5880&m...e

It may be the infamous 3-way valve or the heater matrix.
Omega Cooling System - Mike12
Have it on good authority that the heater matrix is to blame. Carpets are damp and lots of condensation on windows when left parked in sun. According to Haynes manual, I need to take off the complete fascia / dashboard to gain access as well as the steering wheel and part of steering column. Before I dismantle the whole thing, does anyone know of any good short cuts? Also does anyone know the exact locatuion of the heater matrix? `95 n 2.0 CD estate non AC. Would appreciate any help...
Omega Cooling System - smokie
Chad's 3 way valve is a well known problem. Had it on my 3.0 MV6. It would lose coolant rapidly sometimes, then not at all others.

I caught it "taking a leak" a few times - after a long run it would gush out for a bit, then I guess the valve would close again. I don't recall interior dampness with that problem though.

Can't remember the cost but it wasn't too horrendous. if you are near Newbury then DK Cars know all about the problem and how to fix it quick!