Using an auction agent to buy a car - robertminchin
I'm looking to buy a nearly new C-Max 2.0TDCi at auction.
I've subscribed to ADT's Auctionview service and nearly all the suitable vehicles are closed sales and/or at the opposite end of the country (My nearest ADT site is Blackbushe).
I understand that there are agents who will buy (for a commission) on behalf of individuals. I reckon that there should be enough margin between Ford Direct prices and auction prices to pay the commission and still get a bargain. The FD 2 year warranty does not inspire me
Has anyone used such a service and go as far as to recommend an agent?

TIA

Bob
Using an auction agent to buy a car - smokie
Try a forum search (over on the right hand menu) as this has come up before.

Also I think there are agents recommended in the Honest John directories (probably the buying guide) to your left.
Using an auction agent to buy a car - robertminchin
Thanks Smokie,

I've now found some contacts albeit from back in jan 2001 in the archive and the same names crop up in HJ car buying guide.

I'd still be keen to hear from someone who has used an agent more recently and also if these agents can get into closed sales.

Regards

Bob
Using an auction agent to buy a car - Vin {P}
I've used two of the agents mentioned on this site. In both cases their service was exemplary.

In both cases they were able to visit closed sales.

Mine were Julian Trim (in 2001) and Joe Dowd (last December). Joe was significantly cheaper than Julian in my case, though this depends on the value of the car. I would use either of them again and have recommended them several times.

V
Using an auction agent to buy a car - Stuartli
I always believe that you use the right talent for the task in hand (plastering walls is a classic example) and, if an agent is able to deliver the goods, then the fee or commission involved is worth every penny and save potentially expensive mistakes on your part.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Using an auction agent to buy a car - CJay{P}
Joe Dowd is a very nice man to deal with. Have bought a couple of cars through him. Highly recommended.