What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Open Top Motoring - tom
What's the cheapest open top motor?
Re: Open Top Motoring - Paul
What about a push bike?

No tax {except vat}, no parking charges, low insurance, no fuel costs, £20 for a pair of top quality tyres, no MoT at three years, on road, off road, on pavenement, footpath, go through red lights{if nowt is comming}, no speeding fines, keep warm when it rains by peadlling faster etc

Paul
Re: Open Top Motoring - Honest John
There is a geezer trundling around Weybridge on a contraption called a rucumbant bicycle. From the road to the top of this bloke's flat cap is less than a metre. And Way-bitch, as we all know, has more huge 4x4s per capita than anywhere else in the World, mostly driven by aggressive females who can't see over the top of the dashboard. I cannot for the life of me work out how Mr Recumbant is still alive. Open top? Soft top, more like.

HJ
Re: Open Top Motoring - Richard Hall
Talbot Samba or Fiat Strada convertible. If you can find one, it is very unlikely to last beyond the expiry date on the MOT. But it'll be cheap.
Re: Open Top Motoring - Marcus
Citroen 2CV might be a better bet !

I would look for a decent VW Golf for around £2k
Re: Open Top Motoring - Ian Aspinall
I've got a tidy, rare and low mileage '87 Cavalier convertible that I'm thinking of selling in the Spring for a lot less than £2k. Proper 4-seater open top too - none of this rollover hoop or 2+2 seating nonsense! Email me off-board if you're interested.
Re: Open Top Motoring - pugugly
HJ,
Finally might be all that ground clearance coming in to its own ! :-)
Re: Open Top Motoring - Graham
Land Rover.
Re: Open Top Motoring - G
Reliant scimitar ss1. Plastic bodies and Nissan engines/gearbox in 1.3(?) 1.6 and 1.8 turbo engines. You can get these well under a grand.