V5 quandry - horatio
I have two v%'s in front of me.

The one issued about 6 months ago, says tere is no requirement to provide date of birth driver number or mileage.

The one issued 3 years ago, only says no requirement for driver number or mileage. They miss out the DOB bit.

I am sure we never used to have to fill in the DOB so have they issued a load of V%'s without the correct information, and they have subsequently corrected the error, or were told to correct the error?

cheers
V5 quandry - Armitage Shanks {p}
My 15 month old V5 asks for DOB but says that Mileage and Driver number are optional, this is for ownership transfer. I don't know what would happen if you didn't give your DOB and why wouldn't you want to? It is encoded in your driver number anyway, so it is on file somewhere in Swansea, if they want to find it.
V5 quandry - Dwight Van Driver
As AS correctly states these details are not required by law but it apparently helps DVLA combat fraudulent use of the doc if it becomes mislaid or lost.

dvd
V5 quandry - horatio
Thanks AS

I hadn't thought of that, but if I don't give my driver number...

Although they already have my driver number if they were to look my name and address up. I was just wondering about the change in the form layout. Who told them to sort out the DOB bit.