What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
ford fiesta rear wiper - firespotter
there is a intermittent fault in the rear wiper could this be the relay and where would i find it in the car.Thanks
ford fiesta rear wiper - Adam {P}
The next time you have the fault, go the the boot and press down on it as hard as you can.

Then report back with your findings. I think I know what this is but don't want to look like an idiot in case I'm wrong.

thanks adam funny enough i was just out and for a change it was raining and would you believe it the wiper worked thanks i'll try your suggestion and get back to you
ford fiesta rear wiper - jc
Usually a bad earth on the tailgate.
where is the earth connection on the tailgate is it where the tailgate closes on the tailgate sill, because i've sanded that or as has been suggested on the hinges. Thanks for your help ive been annoyed by this wiper for 18 months now, so sorting it out before the rainey season starts is a priority see you
ford fiesta rear wiper - trymybest
Firespotter,working on te assumption that your fiesta is an old shape model you'll probably find the wiper problem is caused by the tailgate hinges being corroded.
It's a simple fix,you just need to get a long extension bar or similar and knock the hinge pins back and forward a few times.Also a liberal dose of wd40 on the hinges will help.You might also need to clean the contact pins and plates.Hope this of help.
thanks, try my best, its a 99 model i've cleaned all the contacts except the hinges . i thought it was probably a relay that was faulty, since i had the same problem with a citroen and the new relay sorted it out. Just now its started working again. Do you think it could be the contacts on the sill that are faulty and would it be worth-while replacing them? The thing is i could replace the whole system trying to find a minor bad connection. All suggestions welcome
firespotter,

Mine was a Mark 4 model too. I found out that pushing down on teh boot made it work so thought it must be those four contacts on the sill as one of them was bent to hell.

I went to Ford and paid £13 for a new one (they're all on the same plate and connect up dead easy) but that never really solved the problem. In the end, I just made sure I slammed the boot really hard and it never bothered me.

You could just pretend you had a saloon with no rear wiper at all!
its beginning to look that way but i won't let it beat me thanks for your help i'll try a new connector and if it dosn't work then its move to the canary islands for me
Watch when you get it out of the box. They cover the plates in grease!

Given the state of the wires underneath it, it could have been a dodgy connected that connects to the plate. Give them a clean when you fit the new one and see what happens.

Failing that, move to the Canary Islands.