What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Flat Geodesy in Francaise - Alwyn
Message from Steve Warren of the UK Speedtaps site.

Chap from UK driving in France was made to run his wheel over a £400 Geodesy because the French bobbies do not like speed camera warning devices.

£400 ! Ouch
Re: Flat Geodesy in Francaise - Alwyn
Finger trubble. Speedtraps - not taps

www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk/frames.htm
Re: Flat Geodesy in Francaise - richard price
read in my car club magazine - French customs uk side of Ch Tnl noticed detector in car - asked for passport - stamped the equiv of refused entry - kind uk police were summond took pity offered to look after the detector - after some delay presented at french customs again and was allowed through - on rtn collected detector - another article - driver halted in france and relieved of of £500 - all last year.
Re: Flat Geodesy in Francaise - Jonathan
But you can have a tazer or pepper spray quite legally.

Wonder whether a trap detector or the above will cause the most harm?
Re: Flat Geodesy in Francaise - Tomo
The French, of course, have never really forgiven us for not being beaten in 1940. (Could motoring have been better if we had?)
Re: Flat Geodesy in Francaise - Brian
Tomo
It goes way, way back beyond 1940.
Try starting at the Norman Conquest (1066) which they won, but failed to keep the UK as a French Province.
And then they expected us to become a Republic when they had their Revolution and topped their Royal family and nobility.
And 1914-1918 when they surrendered and had to be rescued.
1940 ------ ditto -------
Anglo-Saxons are not the flavour of the month in France!
Re: Flat Geodesy in Francaise - THe Growler
This weeks's Spectator www.spectator.co.uk by Suzanne Lowry. "Are The French a SH***TTY Lot?"

Prince Harry's remarks might also have fanned the English Francophobe flames a tad.
Re: Flat Geodesy in Francaise - Tomo
Then, we still have Waterloo station.
Driving in France - ian (cape town)
I like the french roads, lined with tall trees.
Apparently these were planted to allow occupying armies to march in the shade...
Re: Driving in France - Dave
"allow occupying armies to march in the shade..."

Thanks Ian. People are now looking at me and wondering why I'm laughing hysterically at my monitor...
Re: Driving in France - ian (cape town)
Have you had enough, or do you want some more? ;)
Re: Driving in France - Dave
I think you should show some mercy!
Re: Driving in France - ian (cape town)
Why do english girls go out with italian men?
To get their handbags back.
:)
Re: Driving in France - Lee H
lol, keep them coming

Lee.