'98 primera-couple of niggles - Beaks
After a recent service I was told that 'both front cv cracking'.Is this expensive to sort out.
I am looking at changing the coolant myself for the first time-I am not particularly mechanically minded but thought I should give it a go.Is it simple?
My boot is getting difficult to open.I should just be able to push where the key goes in ( if unlocked obviously ), but recently it has just pushed in and not opened. I have had to use the key in the lock which can be inconvenient- any ideas ??
thanks...

'98 primera-couple of niggles - Civic8
CV joints usually make a noise on full lock/depending on how badly they are worn,check out the CV gaitor both inner and outer for any splits.if any are, dirt may have entered and caused the failure.though they dont last forever, if you have no noise when turning suggest second oppinion.Lock problem could be lack of lubrication usually the case
--
Steve
'98 primera-couple of niggles - Aprilia
I reckon they mean the rubber boots on the CV joints. About an hour each side to change. If you are keeping the car then insist that the garage use genuine Nissan boots.
Agree that the lock needs a blast of spray lubricant - that should free it up.