What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
James Bond's new car! - ian (cape town)
< >
Glad to see they've ditched the BMW's, and gone back to British (?) cars!
Now, we just have to get Bond into a nice Freelander...
Re: James Bond's new car! - Tom Shaw
Nothing is more thoroughly British than a good old Reliant Robin. I think Bond should show us some REAL driving skills by performing his high speed stunts in one of these.
Re: James Bond's new car! - Mark (Brazil)
you, young ian, are going to get a slap very soon !!
Re: James Bond's new car! - ian (cape town)
Now we see the violence inherent in the system...
Re: James Bond's new car! - THe Growler
A Freelander being a Ford, and Ford cutting back models, people and assembly plants, perhaps they'll ditch that as well (thus resolving one discussion) and put the free'd (ouch!) resources into their trucks. I've got my eye on the Tonka Truck they're showing the Detroit Show.
Re: James Bond's new car! - Honest John
Re Tom's post, he did. There was this three wheeler boat thing in one of the recent movies.

HJ
Not quite up to the 100mph yellow three-wheeler vespa taxi, ridden by Vijay Armitraj a few years ago("We have company.... Don't worry, this is a company car")... Or the 2CV chase scene.
I was just glad when the brought back the DB for the Ferrari chase scene.
Yes, I SHOULD get out more ...
Re: James Bond's new car! - Steve G
Should be a TVR truly british .
I wouldn't car what model it was as long as Catherine Zeta Jones was sitting in it....

..and here I confess another weakness.
CZJ would fit nicely into a TVR, Growler. Dunno about the baby seat, though... :)
Damn that Douglas fellow.....

I've got her screen-saver anyway. All 4.7 meg of it.
Re: James Bond's new car! - Honest John
Stick her in a new Fiesta and you could call her Catherine Zetec Jones.

HJ
So HJ, it really IS you who thinks up those clever captions for the letters in your post bag. I don't know about quote sticking her unquote in a Fiesta though.
Re: James Bond's new car! - Tomo
I remember the Toyota 2000GT; not many of them about, never were, and I suppose even the Supra has no chance now, not being a current model; not that either of them need the publicity!
Re: James Bond's new car! - Eleanor Coughran
They should have used a TVR or what other "British" cars are left with British ownership? you can hardly call the Jag or Aston British these days. And maybe thats not a bad thing, in the long run we benifit from better engines, components etc for our British cars with overseas ownership.

Eleanor
Re: James Bond's new car! - alex
A BOND Bug would be an excellent British choice ?