Is rear washer u/s an MOT fail? - Steve Pearce
Monkeys at Longleat have the original!
Is rear washer u/s an MOT fail? - Xileno {P}
No
Is rear washer u/s an MOT fail? - colinh
See next Honda Civic relying on "airflow" to clear rear window (rear wiper not an option) - at 1 mph in traffic?
Is rear washer u/s an MOT fail? - cheddar
IIRC if it is fitted it has to work, also the blade has to be in good condition. Arm ripped off leaving pinion sticking out could still constitute a fitted rear wiper therefore one that is required to work. Might be down to the tester.
Is rear washer u/s an MOT fail? - SjB {P}
I thought as Cheddar does (if fitted, has to work), but a quick Google makes me change my mind; nothing on the subject exists on any of the several "What's included in an MOT Test" web sites I found. In fact, none of them even mention anything to do with visibility other than through the front windscreen, period. Example: www.motester.co.uk/cog.html
Is rear washer u/s an MOT fail? - AlastairW
I had a Polo on which the rear wiper never worked, though it was present. It passed 3 MOTs in my ownership in that condition so I guess it isnt tested.
Is rear washer u/s an MOT fail? - Clanger
I've attended 2 MoT tests recently at the same garage. During both, the washer and wiper were operated and the blade examined to see if it was split. I would no more think of taking a car for testing with a faulty or missing wiper than I would with a light out.
Hawkeye
-----------------------------
Stranger in a strange land
Is rear washer u/s an MOT fail? - Dwight Van Driver
M.V. (Con and Use) Regs only refers to the requirement for wipers and washers in relation to the front windscreen. Not mandatory in respect of the read and therefore not a testable item.

The MOT Manual only refers to the wipers of the windscreen.

dvd