What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Virus - JUST A HOAX! - ian (cape town)
Before you start to panic, the previous virus warning was just a hoax. The MBRM-Wr3ck3r does not exist...
Re: Virus - JUST A HOAX! - Brill
Pandora's box, will it ever end?
Re: Virus - JUST A HOAX! - Ronnie Courtney
Ian - You're a gentleman - if that's not too great an insult these days. I didn't really mean to tweak your conscience - whatever that is ....

Brill - *now* do you see what I meant? A good effort by Ian though.

Ronnie
Re: Virus - JUST A HOAX! - ian (cape town)
What?
It wasn't an attack of conscience. far from it.
I suddenly realised that one day I may have to buy a car, and the saleman may just be Honest John. When he hears I'm from Cape Town, and my name is Ian, I'm bound to be sold a cut-and-shut ringer...
:)
Yes he's been very naughty.
Re: Virus - JUST A HOAX! - Matt
In flat blue, but described as metallic, No V5, service history in the post...................................
Re: Virus - JUST A HOAX! - Rob Govier
viruses - not something to joke about...
Re: Yeah, well ... - Rob Govier
There are some "Virus Warnings" which ask folks to delete vital files from their operating systems. Which the go ahead and do. Which disables the machine. Just like a virus, but without the effort of having to construct it.

I have seen a few of these cause a lot of damage.

rg
Bit of an 'in joke' today, you had to be there really.
Ian's was just one more brick in the wall, nothing more sinister than that.

Stu.
Re: Virus - JUST A HOAX! - Martyn, Back Room moderator
Brill wrote:
>
> Bit of an 'in joke' today, you had to be there really.
> Ian's was just one more brick in the wall, nothing more
> sinister than that.
>
> Stu.

And it lightened up a not-very-nice atmosphere for which I was partly to blame. Thanks, Ian.
Yeah, well ... - ian (cape town)
MBRM,
Thought I'd nip it in the bud. BTW, How about compiling a book of some of the wackier threads (Viz Comic make good money out of this!)

Rob G,
My apologies - in hindsight it was fun, but a damn irresponsible act on my part, hence the retraction. Next time I'll think it out beforehand.
Re: Yeah, well ... - Mark (Brazil)
Come in Tom Shaw !

I really regret the passing of your thread. Sorry if you got caught up in the amusement.

And actually, sorry to Martyn as well. Sorry for the confusion and the chaos.

But Martyn, thank you, oh thank you so very much, for falling for it, even if only briefly. You have brightened up my entire day, and I will be repeating this in the bar tonight and the "Edit Button is now up there with the "Anal day bender"

Stuart - my undying admiration for the idea.
Dave - think before you go out wihtout checking the forum again.
Ian - you will *never* be forgiven for that note posted by "me* about Freelanders.

Everybody else - sorry or thanks depending on how you were involved.

Just to be clear - there is not now, nor was there ever, an edit button of any colour. Nor was the forum hacked, nor was Stephen bribed.
Re: Yeah, well ... - Brian
If you have looked at the Friends Reunited site, there is a facility there to nominate the best comments to a sort of Hall of Fame.
If ever that idea gets incorporated here I propose the Edit Function thread as the first nominee.
It was good, perfectly harmless fun which made a lot of people smile (or shoot tea all over their keyboard and monitor).
OK, not strictly motoring related, except that it was on a motoring site, but very much in the spirit of the great guys and gals who post here.
Re: Yeah, well ... - Kev
I think it should be reposted somewhere. Just cause I have to goto college means I missed supposedly THE best thread, ever.

Now if you dont want me to go off in a huff, can I at least have the fun of reading it.
I feel like the kid who sees a load of kids huddled round something, and never sees what it is. Sniff, so many painfull memories............

Kev
Oh Kev, you missed the day of a life time.

Sadly, only DanJ retains a copy, and his is not complete.

Try asking Dan. El Stu, or DW off-line by e-mail, they may be able to help. I could, but my fingers are so tired after today, its beyond me.
Re: Yeah, well ... - David W
Thought you were going home Mark. Is hi-fi one of your things? Have a look at the end of the "Fitting Audio" thread a bit below.

David
no David, I am at home, this is the laptop being used.

Hang around for a while, we'll see if anybody else is around.

As for hi-fi, all I know is that they sound naff too close to glass. Other than that, its not a subject I know about.
Re: Yeah, well ... - David W
Oh well you might just have been setting up a major Brazilian player in the audio market, next week perhaps.

I'll look in the morning, "she'll" be banging on the floor with the walking stick if I'm down here any longer.

David
See you tomorrow, I need a rest after todays shenanigans.

I tried to explain it to swmbo. Either its not funny in Spanish or I can't tell a good story !!

Adios y hasta manana.