What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Where is Eddie Cochran's last ride - mare
Below is a link to a story in the local rag. It seems that the Ford Consul in which Eddie Cochran met his end may still exist.

tinyurl.com/e2elv {Link shortened. DD}

(I'm sorry, i don't know how to do the tinyurls). {It's mentioned in Announcements. DD}

Definitely one for the unusual sightings thread!
Where is Eddie Cochran's last ride - DavidHM
Tiny URLs - just copy the long address, go to tinyurl.com and paste it in.

This one is tinyurl.com/e2elv

I've done a search for the car on the RAC and DVLA websites; RAC is down and the DVLA has no public record of it so it appears that it is neither SORNed, nor still on the road, nor has it been scrapped recently (i.e., since my parents' 1976 Allegro, date of liability 07.05.1986...)
Where is Eddie Cochran's last ride - BeRudeNotTo
Loada nonsense. The planters of that little story will next be claiming that Elvis was seen driving it.
Where is Eddie Cochran's last ride - L'escargot
I don't suppose that many Backroomers are old enough to remember Eddie Cochrane ~ I am!
--
L\'escargot.
Where is Eddie Cochran's last ride - Rover25
Eddie who??
Where is Eddie Cochran's last ride - THe Growler
Rock a billy artist who some say may have at one time rivalled Elvis for the crown. Was a session man on many US hits of the era and formed the Cochran Bros with Hank Cochran (no relation) who had a long run as a country singer independently.

I have all his original hits plus some of the remakes from acetates of the era, early 50's. Starred in the Jayne Mansfield film, "The Girl Can't Help It" and sang "Twenty Flight Rock" IIRC.

Tragically lost to us at 21. His hits sound as fresh and uncomplicated today as they did when artists played their own instruments, rock 'n roll had some meaning and the genre wasn't populated by tweenies with an over-rated sense of their own value or aging queens.

We should not forget Gene Vincent of the Blue Caps, injured in the same accident (motoring link), who went on for many years to pursue his own career until his own death in 1971. The Ace Cafe, Bryclreem, bacon sandwiches, ton-up motorcycles.....

April 17th 1960 and I remember well hearing of the accident on the radio and Eddie's death. Pictures appear to show a Ford Consul MkII or the Consul 365. I was always under the impression the car was a Vauxhall PA Cresta, but time plays tricks.

Where is Eddie Cochran's last ride - quizman
As your name is Rover25, I would have thought that Eddie Cochran came after your time.

Perhaps you remember Semprini and Billy Cotton a bit better.