What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Driven - Rob Govier
Has this show turned a corner?

Penny appears to have had a gentle makeover, (discuss - 20 marks), hence looks less like she's just come back from Tesco with the kids.

The other presenters seem more calm and assured, rather than the "like me...please!!!" approach of earlier series. Mike Brewer's tail is not wagging so irritatingly much as before. Other bloke not quite so arrogantly "fifth-form cool".

Intellegent coverage of a real journey to The South of France in affordable yet attractive cars.

Well done! How refreshing!

RIP Top Gear? Has it finally disappeared up its own tailpipe?

rg
Re: Driven - Honest John
Loved every minute of it. And so did my wife who can't usually stand car programmes. She liked the human touch. But that might be because she met Mike, Jason and Penny at Pasha the week before Christmas when they were all legless.

HJ
Re: Driven - steve paterson
Must say, haven't watched a lot of TV since Whirlygig finished. Often wondered what sort of car Noddy and Big ears had though.
Re: Driven - Andy
I wasn't keen on the rather unfair comparison between the Alfa, Mini and MG. A long m/way journey is obviously going to be more pleasant in a family hatch than a soft-top sports model, and the MG was bound to come third in the booze run.
The only place the MG could shine was the test track, and here it was given a 20 second handicap. Foul!

On an unrelated subject, I've just been watching a rerun of 'Clampers', the BBC series about traffic wardens and 'Ray', the clamper from hell. I know these people have a job to do, but this guy set about his job with such evil glee that I just wanted to punch him.
Just off to listen to my relaxation tape.......
Re: Driven - Dan J
> On an unrelated subject, I've just been watching a rerun of
> 'Clampers', the BBC series about traffic wardens and 'Ray',
> the clamper from hell. I know these people have a job to do,
> but this guy set about his job with such evil glee that I
> just wanted to punch him.

From what I recall from a newspaper article around the time the programme was originally transmitted, someone did :-)
Re: Driven - Darcy Kitchin
Good show. I noticed Mike Brewer was a bit more subdued than usual, but was that because he had just trashed the mini's rear bumper?

by "the other bloke", I assume you mean none other than Jason Plato, a top class saloon car racer. Jason is one of my motoring heroes, after JM Fangio, Stirling Moss, Roger Clark and David Woollard.

;-)
Re: Driven - David W
Thanks Darcy, you'll be pleased to know I hit 4,500 RPM a couple of times in the TD today.

Boy if the aforementioned guys used such engines they'd have really flown.

David
Re: Driven - Rob Govier
Sorry if that offends you..

...but I'm sure I've seen him at Hangar Lane roundabout driving a 205 with the foglights on...

He just seems a bit like "the lad in the year above who has the ten-speed racer" vs my orange Raleigh Chopper. (Maybe I need help.)

I'm still waiting for "The Real Car Show" ("real cars, real people, real fun"), though, or a new series of "Deals on Wheels". Are you ready for your screen career HJ?

But seriously folks, it seems that Driven has had some serious and sensitive editorial input and has finally come out of Top Gear's shadow. If anyone from the production team is reading, well done!

rg
Re: Driven - Piers
I was baffled how the cup of water didn't spill in the MINI. BMW seem to have managed to find an incredible set up of ride quality and handling.

Mind you I find it tricky to turn the volume up or down over bumpy bits of road without accidently pushing the knob and turning the thing off...

Piers
Re: Driven - large_it
I thought it was awful. More like a holiday show than a car show.
3 go mad in Monte Carlo. Nice work if you can get it.