What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Suspension Problems - Jules9774
Found an old post in the archives, and i have exact same problem.. the previous poster, had been given suggestions and never said if suggestion cured the problem.

Ford Ka - can anyone help ???

I have a strange "clonking" sound coming from what sounds like inside the dashboard ahead of the driver which only occurs whilst driving. It's not continous, only seems to occur whilst steering or driving over bumpy road. I paid for an RAC Inspection which confirmed there was a problem and pointed the finger at the the front anti-roll bar bushes.

After fitting new anti-roll bar blushes.. same problem!

Someone suggested this to the original poster..
TSB 52/1999 entitled 'Rattle/knocking noise from front suspesion over rough surfaces' and involves to much freeplay between the spring and upper seat, This is rectified by the fitting of a rubber insulator between the spring and mount.

he never posted back what fixed it! any ideas ??? does this fix the problem, as I dont want to pay out more money for it not to be fixed!!!

Ford Suspension Problems - Adam {P}
I can't imagine fitting a piece of rubber between the spring and mount costing that much even at Ford's prices.

Don't know if that would solve the problem (someone will soon) but around here, half an hour's labour is about 30 quid. I can't see it taking longer than that.

How old is the car?
--
Adam
Ford Suspension Problems - madf
It's usually the lower suspension arm balljoint. Check that by rocking the wheel vertically when jacked up and safely suspended on axle stands.

madf

Ford Suspension Problems - Jules9774
it's a 97 R reg with 95,000 miles on the clock. So it probably is just wear on the suspension... as parkers does warn that suspension can wear at high mileages.

My nieces old fiesta has exact same problem, and her mum still drives it 2 plus years on !so mechnically the car is sound, drives well, passes MOT. it's just the knocking gets a bit annoying.

I am taking it into a local garage on staurday who'll have a look at what I've suggested, and they say it may be something to do with suspension bolts ???? i'm a bit dumb with cars. So hoping someone can give me the coost effective answer.