What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Is this a good price for a Jazz? - keekster67
Will be checking out second hand Jazz this weekend. 03 plate (April) 1.4S model with 24,000 on the clock in silver type of colour for £6999. This is not a Honda dealer, but still a major one. Is this a good price? I reckon to start haggling from £6400 up, but not sure where to draw the line. Any thoughts?
Is this a good price for a Jazz? - GolfR_Caravelle_S-Max
Have you looked up the price in PArkers/ Glasses or any Jazz Mags?

Is this a good price for a Jazz? - Happy Blue!
For this sort on money- why not buy a new Mitsu Colt?
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Is this a good price for a Jazz? - Bill Payer
Much as I'd like to keep Jazz prices up (we've got a 53 reg SE) that seems a lot of money for the car it is. It can only have cost £9000 or so (perhaps a bit less) new.
Bear in mind that the suspension was revised in mid 2003 to make it less bouncy - although not much, if any, different in practice. The revised cars also had a CD rather than cassette so you can tell them apart. The Jazz also had some tweaks just recently, so the model you're looking at could be 2 iterations old. In fact they don't do a 1.4S at all now - it's a 1.2.
The S also doesn't have a/c - which you might be OK with, but there's a lot of glass in the car.

Try calling a Honda dealer and pretending to be the seller of that car - it will give you some idea of what your seller is likely to have paid. A non-Honda dealer ought to be retailing it for less than a Honda dealer (whose screen prices are likely to be absurd). That price for an SE is possibly OK, although I accept that someone might pay that even for the S. I don't know how useful the guides are - when we p/x'd our last car (Clio 1.6RXE) several dealers used the same phrase - the car was 'overbooked' in Glass's at £3500 - most offered £2800-£3000 and we eventually were glad to get £3300.

Don't know your personal circimstances but Honda were doing a low price PCP package on Jazz S which might be worth investigating (if it's still available).
I'd also ask why it's at a non-Honda dealer - of course there's lots of reasons but Honda drivers are supposed to be incredibly loyal.
Is this a good price for a Jazz? - 3T
Have you looked up the price in PArkers/ Glasses or any
Jazz Mags?
Thought "Jazz mags" were something completely different or they were when I was a young lad!
Is this a good price for a Jazz? - Blue {P}
That sounds like a huge amount of money for a 2 and a half year old car to me.

As has been pointed out, there are plenty of cars that you could get brand new for that money which will offer a better ride.

I would keep looking.

Blue
Its definitely a 1.4 S with CD player. Its for sale at a Renault Dealer so I can only conclude it was traded in for a new Renault. I fancy the Jazz due to the legendary reliability of Hondas, and the fact that it has an amazing amount of interior space for such a small car. Having driven one I was well impressed by the handling and the nice and firm ride. So far this is the best price I have seen north of the border for a 03 plate Jazz. Parkers guide prices it at £6500 whereas What Car prices it at at £7200. I was looking for a 3 year old one, but cant get it with CD player unless its the top of the range model, so better off buying a 2 year old one for less money. As for competitors not aware of anything as versatile interior space, with amazing reliability or with Group 3 insurance, 50mpg economy and as fun to drive. Willing to pay more for peace of mind. All european cars suffer from crap electrics (even VWs these days)and poor reliability post warrantee period so it has to be a jap car. Thanks for the input though, much appreciated.
I continue to be impressed by ours.
Apparently Honda are about to start building them in China (for export) - wonder what they'll be like?
Is this a good price for a Jazz? - doctorchris
The price is about right, but offer £500 less and see how you gey on.
Thanks doctorchris, will have a good old fashioned haggle at the weekend!
Is this a good price for a Jazz? - andy30
there's nothing wrong with the drive.

cars that are good to drive are always a a bit firm.

bigger than any other car inside and rock solid reliable

yes please.