Honestly, John! - Big Bad Dave
I enjoy the silly word play in Honest John?s agony column as much as I do the editorial. This week we have a "harmed rubbery", a "dire struts" and a "vendor graph generator" but last week?s "budget regard" is the one that made me drop my tea.

I suspect the editor is the culprit but I like to think it?s HJ
Honestly, John! - frazerjp
Dave! its the way you write them makes me laugh!!! :-)
--
Its not what you drive, its how you drive it! :-)
Honestly, John! - Avant
"Budget regard" is a rather cheep joke.
Honestly, John! - Citroënian {P}
>>I suspect the editor

I'm sure this has come up before - iirc, it's down to the sub-editors and has nothing to do with HJ - further, iirc he's asked them to change the photo on the column too, but they won't...

-- Lee Having a Fabialous time.
Honestly, John! - Cliff Pope
HJ's not a real person, he's a fictitious character created by a committee of sub-editors. One day they came up with this idea of creating an honest car dealer, and it has developed since then. The famous photograph was a stroke of genius. It actually comes from the hat section of famous chain-store catalogue.
Honestly, John! - Orson {P}
when Practical Classics did their buyer's guide for the XJS about 4 years ago, the headline was "Get a Top Cat, not a Benny."

Made me go and buy one.

O
--
Jaguar XJS V12 - comes with free personalised oil tanker.
Honestly, John! - helicopter

-HJ's not a real person, he's a fictitious character created by a committee of sub-editors. -

Aw come on Cliff, I 've just had all my illusions shattered - next thing you'll be saying theres no Father Christmas.....