What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
City Rover Bits - Chris S
I know that most Rovers use BMW and Honda bits but does anybody know which parts City Rovers use?

A car supermarket is selling them off at half-price and I was THINKING of getting one if the spares availability is OK.
City Rover Bits - bimmer-driver
Well, they don't use any BMW or Honda bits, that for sure. I'd think twice if I was you about buying one- they've not sold well here, and are made in India anyway so parts could be potentially a big problem.
There are much, much, much better second hand cars at that price.
City Rover Bits - carl_a
It may be £500 - £1000 cheaper than other things but its going to cost you that within 2 years with the extra insurance and fuel (it does 20 MPG less than some other small cars). I would think the parts supply won't be a problem as parts can be ordered from India, but work out the sums and you will find the City Rover is a very expensive car.
City Rover Bits - Xileno {P}
Engine is a Peugeot unit.
City Rover Bits - Happy Blue!
A friend on mine wanted ot buy one of these just before Rover went bump.

He now drives a Honda Jazz and is very very happy.

Avoid Cityrover at all costs. it was madness to buy one then, now its insanity.
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
City Rover Bits - mountainkat
give it a BIG miss. it's going to be next to worthless very soon & as already said parts availability etc is highly suspect
The prices may go even further down as I've just read that there are 1,200 CityRovers sitting on a boat at Bristol docks and no-ones taking responsibility for them.
City Rover Bits - Xileno {P}
If you can get one cheap enough, then it makes some sense as a disposable car. Just don't have high expectations ofit, the interior quality is particularly disappointing.
City Rover Bits - IanJohnson
One of our software sub-contractor's (from Mumbai) described it as a bad car when it was a TATA - says it all really!
City Rover Bits - carl_a
One of our software sub-contractor's (from Mumbai) described it as a
bad car when it was a TATA - says it all
really!

Even the Indian press say they are poor quality.
City Rover Bits - Altea Ego
Here - take this barge pole.......
City Rover Bits - DavidHM
What good's the barge pole going to be? I wouldn't even touch it with that.

(Actually if it were £2k and I really had no expectations of a car other than church and the supermarket, then maybe. But at £4k a three year old anything else will be better to drive, more economical and probably last just as long).
City Rover Bits - autumnboy
Corsa Driver

I don't think theres quite that many Rovers at Portbury in the Compound unless your including all the TATAs and the Rovers waiting for Export.
And I don't think parts would be a problem as these cars are far more popular in India than here. You probaly would have find a supplier though on the Net.
According to the 4car website there are 1,200 sitting at the docks.
www.channel4.com/4car/news/news-story.jsp?news_id=...1
I think they have it wrong.

Do you honestly believe an Ocean going Car Ship is going to sit and wait in Portbury while someone decides who's going to pay for some of its Cargo of Rovers, they carry other Manufacturers and pick up other cars from Portbury that are held to ship elsewhere (Landrovers, Jaguars and Vauxhalls, also second hand commercial trucks).

I don't think so.

Anyway they were off loaded some days ago before the press got hold of the story. They are in a holding compound away from all the others that are already held awaiting sales and export.
City Rover Bits - WhiteTruckMan
Do you honestly believe an Ocean going Car Ship is going
to sit and wait in Portbury while someone decides who's going
to pay for some of its Cargo of Rovers,

I give up. will they? or will they simply say "ah well" and tip them in the drink? or is there another option I missed?

WTM
City Rover Bits - Obsolete
I know that most Rovers use BMW and Honda bits but
does anybody know which parts City Rovers use?
A car supermarket is selling them off at half-price and I
was THINKING of getting one if the spares availability is OK.

You can get a NEW Ford Ka for £5K if you search a bit. The local dealer offered me one at £4.8K. The best deals seems to be just before Christmas for some reason. Presumably they are trying to make the yearly targets.

Leif