What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
HJ's auction prices are expensive. - ladas are slow
HJ says that a (S) reg daewoo nubira cdxi auto with 20000 miles went for £3900 (and i think that excludes commission), but you can buy cars cheaper than that up here, a place in durham called 'stoneacre' has a (V) reg daewoo nubira cdxi auto, with 14000 miles, for only £4195, and you also get a free washing machine or 21inch TV.
Re: HJ's auction prices are expensive. - mike harvey
Just goes to show you that car prices, like that of houses, vary with demand in that area. There is no such thing as a correct value.
Mike
Re: HJ's auction prices are expensive. - peter
A Nubira + a washing machine for 4195

or a 21" TV.

I would have thought the latter the better value for money!
Re: HJ's auction prices are expensive. - Richard Hall
Looks like a bargain, until you realise that in 3 years time the washing machine will be worth more than the car....
Re: HJ's auction prices are expensive. - Phil
Who wants a Daewoo anyhow?
Re: HJ's auction prices are expensive. - Guy Lacey
Ahhh, the old "Cars up North are cheaper" and "I know my onions" malarkey.

If offered the advice of Mr Watson of LAS/LAC fame or HJ I think I know whose advice I would go with.

You are welcome to your Daewoo or Lada. If a car manufacturer has to offer a free TV and washing machine then I smell a rat - could the car be junk? Who on earth would sell a 15 year old ex-GM design and pretend to be value for money? Absolute joke.
Re: HJ's auction prices are expensive. - Moosh

"Daewoo Nubrio....... went for £3900" at auction.

Perhaps it wasn't really sold at this price.

Some auctioneers have a tendency to sell a car to a fictitious customer just to stimulate demand.

HJ, I'm not saying that happened in this case but clever auctioneers are very skilful at 'selling to the wall' in the hope that a private punter steps in at the last minute.

Perhaps the reserve is too high so the appearance of a sale is better than no interest being shown in the vehicle at all. This can happen if there is fleet of same make/model vehicles of lower quality or appeal.

Unless your bidding yourself, don't believe all you see at auction.
Re: HJ's auction prices are expensive. - Honest John
They were all being bought by Direct Car Finance to be re-sold to people who can't normally get finance at somewhat high rates of interest.

HJ
Thanks HJ, that explains it.

The end user in this case will never ever get 'his/her head above water'
Re: HJ's auction prices are expensive. - T lucas
They dont want to,not many DCF agreements will go full term.
"not many DCF agreements will go full term".

Do you mean the vehicles end up repossessed?. I can't see many being paid off. What value the Daewoo then? Vicious circle.

Negative equity???