What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
X5 4.4 Auto Purchase - Motormark
Now thinking of an X5. She who must be obeyed, doesnt want 7 series/S Class.
So looking at 4.4 V8 X5's seenm couple advertised around the 22/23K mark. A sport and and non sport.Please dont suggest diesel, I hate the things and they are priced to high,
Can anybody advise which is best buy in terms of desirability for future resale and ownership.
I find it hard to beleive the 19" alloys and sport suspension of Sport are really needed or help ride/pocket when it comes to new tyre time.

BMW dealers tell me evrybody wants sport and they also seem about 1K more
Decisions decisionsns

PS Anything I should look out for apart from the norm?

CHEERS
X5 4.4 Auto Purchase - Chad.R
I'm sure someone better "qualified" will come along soon ...but, in the meantime, my tuppence worth;

The "normal" model will probably have a better ride on the standard (17inch?) alloys. On that other hand, the Sport model look the part and certainly seems the more desirable spec and therefore will be easier to sell on when the time comes.

So I suppose it depends on how important resale and ride comfort is to you. If I was you I'd take a long test drive in both and see if which you prefer.

Me...I'd take the Sport - it looks better, will be easier to sale on and I'm not too bothered by a slightly firmer ride.
X5 4.4 Auto Purchase - Chad.R
Apologies for the many mistakes in the above post!
I haven't quite woken up today - I blame too much "celebrating" after last night's European cup heroics!
X5 4.4 Auto Purchase - Motormark
HJ
Thanks for response.
What are diesels down to at auction and where would you suggest best pace to look for one. Any problems?
I live in Berkshire