What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Citroen C5 Abroad - Dave Simpson
I have 1 year old Citroen C5 which I think is blinding value for money. However it is equiped with factory fitted Xenon headlights and Citroen have no way of modifying them for use on holiday in Right Hand Drive Countries i.e. France! They tell me that you should not use stck on converters or even stone guards due to the exra heat produced. Has anyone got any ideas how I can stay legal abroad?

Dave S.
Citroen C5 Abroad - Armitage Shanks {p}
My 307 has totally clear unpatterned lenses and there is no indication of where one might stick blanking tape for going abroad. I bought some Peugeot supplied stoneguards and they came with some black tape cut to size plus corner marks etched onto the plastic guards, to show where the masking should be applied. I appreciate that you are taking about Xenons, which are hotter, but surely a Citroen approved stone guard should handle the temperatures and any tape stuck onto the outer surface should survive too? Other discussion on this subject has suggested just using the dasboard headlamp adjuster to lower the beams as far as possible and hope for the best!
Citroen C5 Abroad - Armitage Shanks {p}
Just found this discussion elsewhere in the Backroom!

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?f=4&t=53...8
Citroen C5 Abroad - Dave Simpson
Thanks - I'll continue with that thread. (It helps now I know where the "Forum Search" link is!

D.S.