What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Reg Plate F1 for Sale - Dude - {P}
I see in today`s press that the reg plate F1 is for sale and is expected to break the sales record of £231k for K1NGS held by the Sultan of Brunei by many thousands.
Reg Plate F1 for Sale - Robin Reliant
Bernie can afford that out of his loose change.
Reg Plate F1 for Sale - Pugugly {P}
I for one wouldn't want it as it may give the impression I was a fan of F1.
Reg Plate F1 for Sale - machika
I saw a plate recently with the following registration:

000Y XXX

Any suggestions on how this came to be?
Reg Plate F1 for Sale - blue_haddock
I've got a feeling that kind of plate is either the channel islands or the isle of man.
Reg Plate F1 for Sale - Duchess
Not the Channel Islands. Guernsey is 4 or 5 numbers, Jersey is the same with a J prefix.

No idea about the Isle of Man.
Reg Plate F1 for Sale - Happy Blue!
I think the XXX 1 YYY plates are diplomatic cars.
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
I think the XXX 1 YYY plates are diplomatic cars.
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need
a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?

>
Come to think of it, it might have been a 1 where I put Y, but the rest of it is definitely correct.
Reg Plate F1 for Sale - volvoman
'KINGS' owned by the Sultan of Brunei eh. I'd often wondered who'd paid out all that money as we've seen the car around here quite a few times. For those who're interested it is/was adorning a light metallic blue and very expensive looking Bentley with lots of gold bits on it. Who knows, maybe the plate cost more than the car though.
Reg Plate F1 for Sale - SlidingPillar
Gold plate might look bling but actually it is not that expensive to do. Cheaper than Chrome if both are done properly, although Chrome plate is easy to scimp on as one can't see what is beneath.

Chromium salts for plating are very poisonous.
Who said it was Gold Plate? :)
Reg Plate F1 for Sale - frostbite
Most interesting plate I've ever seen was a single letter 'R' on a tatty brown Hillman Avenger in Southninster, Essex.

Must have been worth many times the value of the car.
I saw a single letter and single digit plate on a very ordinary car recently. What would a plate like that normally go for?
I have just looked on the DVLA site. The going rate for a plate like this is £50K to £100K+, with most over £80K.
Reg Plate F1 for Sale - Imagos
F1 is owned and up for sale by Essex county council. Has been owned by them for 100 years. Seen this plate many many times on various cars mainly Ford Granadas and Scorpios and lately Volvo S80's. Depot where the car is held not far from where i live. Used for official transport for high ranking staff etc no doubt on engagements. Comes with a little flag at front of bonnet. All the cars as far as i can remember have been black and sometimes strecthed. ECC has seen profit potential and decided to sell. Story covered a few times in the local press.

forums.teamphoenixrising.net/showthread.php?t=24155
Reg Plate F1 for Sale - Steve S
Volvoman,

I may be wrong but I don't think the Sultan of Brunei owns K1NGS. I thought I read somewhere that it was an Estate Agent. One that you may have seen in the Sevenoaks/Orpington area - Kings!
Reg Plate F1 for Sale - Alfafan {P}
I saw what appeared to be K1NGS on a metallic blue Bentley Mulsanne about a year ago. It was parked in the Lanes in Brighton.
Yeah, that'd be the one Alfafan.

As for the estate agents possibility mentioned above, it makes more sense than the Sultan of Brunei story, unless of course he owns that business too :)