What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda Jazz or Toyota Corrola? - Specialized
Hi there.. I live in Macedonia, Balkan part of Europe.. I'm thinking what car to buy and mainly i'm thinking between Honda Jazz, or some car in a bit higher class..

Honda Jazz here cost 12190 with full except side air bags (that i consider as a negative thing), and steel 14" wheels

For a bit more i can get Toyota Corolla 1.4 97 ks (13700 EUR), with same equipment except instead of auto climate it's manual, and plus 2 Air Bags.

Same price its Citroen C4 1.4 , and Renaault Megane dCI 1.5

So what do u think?

Which one to get ?

greetings

Darko
Honda Jazz or Toyota Corrola? - Bill Payer
I have a Jazz and did consider Corolla before we got the Jazz.

If you do some long journeys then Corolla might be best - Jazz is better around town.

Interior of Jazz feels more spacious - I don't know if it really is bigger, but it seems to be.

1500EUR difference - that's quite a lot.
Most of the time i drive around city, but every weekened we are going somewhere. My country is small country, so i'm never driving more then 400 km in one day. But i plan next year to have travel around Europe for one month. I dont think so that after that we would travel that much with car, so that's why i think a lot which model to get.. Also i think the Corolla would be easier to sell becouse is higher class.

U think Jazz is bigger then Corolla? And one more thing.. I have a bad back (discus hernia), so seating comfort is very important to me.. Which one have better seats? Corolla or Jazz?

greetings

Darko
Honda Jazz or Toyota Corrola? - machika
My wife and I took a 30 minute test drive in a Jazz recently and her opinion might be of some use to you. She has a very bad back (she has had spinal fusion) and she thought the Jazz seats would be a problem on longer journeys. I don't know too much about the Corolla to make a comment but if you have a bad back, seat comfort and ride quality are very big factors. We have a Citroen C5 and the seats in that are superb.
Thank's for u'r Reply.. Seem that u'r wife and me have the similar problems.Why she made spinal fusion? That's the end point.. I was training mountain biking, also skiing a lot, and hiking.. On one bike tour i made it a bad movement, and trying to avoid falling, i hurt my back. Every one was suggesting surgery.. But i started doing excersises, swimming 1 KM every day.. And now im much, much better.. But still have problems when i sit a lot.. Btw, now i have Suzuki Vitara 1992 , and i can drive it for 2 hours with no problems (it's the most harsh drive i ever tried :) ).

But becouse i want to keep new car as long as possible, that's why i think that much between Jazz and something else ( i like Corolla most becouse low MPG, power, quality..)

What u'r wife pick until now? C5 it's too big for me. Also i think Japanese cars are better quality then Europian.

greetings

Darko
She had a degenerative spine, she was in her mid forties and it was suggested as the best solution at the time. She also had problems when she sat a lot. It did improve matters somewhat for her (she would never have it done again though). However,she still has a lot of pain from her back.

The car before the C5 was a Xantia and we still have it after 11 years (the build quality is excellent by the way). It too has a wonderful ride quality but is let down by its seats. Whatever you choose, be certain about the seats.
Still i'm very interested which seat's she would pics.. I'm sure she can feel better then me, which car have good supportive and comfortable seats for bad back, and which model have bad seats..What car/model is her main consideration?

greetings

Darko

p.s. is Jazz that bad for her back?
Honda Jazz or Toyota Corrola? - blue_haddock
Corolla - but then i am biased!
Why u think Corolla is better choice? Or u are just Toyota man? :)
And which one is bigger inside?

Greetings

Darko
Honda Jazz or Toyota Corrola? - El Hacko
BH, one liners not enough for our friend
Specialized, you need to drive cars you'd like (particularly the seats) for yourself, and for more than an hour, I would suggest
Honda Jazz or Toyota Corrola? - NowWheels
Specialized, you need to drive cars you'd like (particularly the seats)
for yourself, and for more than an hour, I would suggest

Wise suggestion, but how do you do it?

Lots of dealers will only offer a short test-drive, but sometimes a longer drive would be more appropriate.

If you're considering a Ford or a Vauxhall, you can simply hire one for a day -- one of the big hire companies was recently offering a special deal on hiring the new Ford Focus, with folks able to specifically book a Focus rather than just an unknown car of that class.

But I dunno where follks could go to hire a Mazda 3 or a Corolla. Is there a gap in the market here for an enterprising hire company?
But I dunno where follks could go to hire a Mazda
3 or a Corolla. Is there a gap in the market
here for an enterprising hire company?

>>

One of the many hats that i wear alongside brokerage is also rental - so if your looking for an extended drive in a toyota i can help with that too
The main problem abot that is Honda dealer here is only one company and they are so unprofessional (beleive or not here we have only one fuel company, and they represent honda here). I ask them for a test drive and they let me drive for 5 minutes in their backyard..Yes.. I did it to shift even in 2-nd gear..From other side Toyota here are the most professional car company with best support and service.There is claim that Toyota woul have 6 years warrant since 2006, and 175000 km what would come first.Still i like Jazz becouse of clever design, and lower price...Im not even able to rent Jazz or Corolla becouse there is only europian or korean cars to rent.

Greetings and thanks for helping me.
I work for Toyota!

The corolla is a bigger car than the Jazz
Still i'm very interested which seat's she would pics.. I'm sure
she can feel better then me, which car have good supportive
and comfortable seats for bad back, and which model have bad
seats..What car/model is her main consideration?
greetings
Darko
p.s. is Jazz that bad for her back?

>>

I can't really tell you much more. The Jazz is the only car we have tried out recently. All I know is that she finds the seats in the C5 to her liking. She thought the Jazz would be a problem with prolonged driving.

With a bad back, you really want seats with good lumbar support, with some adjustment for it, and good support at the sides too. Good thigh support is also important, as far too many cars have seat squabs that are far too short.
Honda Jazz or Toyota Corrola? - arnold2
Speaking from experience with my 2001 Corolla, I wouldn't touch a Toyota again with a (very) large barge-pole. The bearings failed at 70k miles, taking out half the gearbox & cost me £1300. And, being out of warranty, Toyota UK didn't want to know. Mind you, slightly worrying reports of some gearbox failures on Honda's, too. Go buy German.
Honda Jazz or Toyota Corrola? - El Hacko
in view of mentioned medical conditions, seats seem to be S's main area of concern - he needs to test drive for comfort, over a decent length of time.
Honda Jazz or Toyota Corrola? - tyre tread
Darko,

it might be worth you reading the other posts in this thread as well:
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=30998&...e
Thanks a lot for u'r help. Before i send my question, i allready search for all msgs in Forum about Honda Jazz or Corolla.. But somehow i didnt find the answer which one is better for me.. So that why i decided to ask directly.. The main problem is that i cant test drive Jazz long enough to be find out is it car for me or not...

Thanks a lot anyway

Darko
Honda Jazz or Toyota Corrola? - mark999
Could you hire a Jazz?
I test drove the 04 CVT Jazz last year and was very impressed.
The only downside was the slightly firm ride which may be a problem for someone with spinal problems.
The problem is that rent a car's here dont have Toyota Corolla or Honda Jazz.. Only german or korean cars. So i cant even rent for a test drive.. From the other side i drive now Suzuki Vitara 1992 , short version (three doors), which is very very firm, but i like high position of sitting.. How stiffer is when u compared to Corolla?

Also i forgot to mention that i have a dog that we took with us very often so i like the Jazz seats (rear going up, so dog can sit behind withoud putting hair on the seats), and also i need to be able to put two mountain bikes in the back...

greetings

Darko