Vectra Dualfuel - Wee Willie Winkie
All,

A friend of mine has just picked up a second hand car. It?s a 2000 (W) Vauxhall Vectra 2.0 CDX Dualfuel. It has 95k on the clock and has FSH. He paid £3k for it. I saw the car last night and it seems in top notch condition (although there was no owners manual so he can?t work out how to use the onboard computer!).

Is that price good for the car? Please, no Vectra-bashing, I know what some people?s opinions are?..

Cheers,

DB
Vectra Dualfuel - Dynamic Dave
(although there was no owners manual so he can?t work out how to use the onboard computer!).

there should be 2 buttons on the wiper stalk labelled "S" & "R"

"S" scrolls through the different displays - Constant Fuel Consumption, Average Fuel Consumption, Gallons left in fuel tank, Average speed, Trip Mileage, How many miles worth of fuel you have left, stop watch, and temperature display. The "R" button resets each one separately, or if held down for a few seconds resets the whole lot in one go, apart from the Temperature and Constant fuel consumption.

The stopwatch function: one press on the top button makes it start, pressing it again stops it, and a third press resets it.

However, IIRC, the fuel computer doesn't work when in lpg mode.

Vectra Dualfuel - expat
You could probably buy an owners manual. Ebay springs to mind. You can get just about anything there. A wreckers might have one from a written off car. If not you might get one at a dealer. It would be worth phoning them to find out how much they are. You seldom need one but it is useful for finding out how the more unusual features work.
Vectra Dualfuel - barchettaman
...You could probably buy an owners manual. Ebay springs to mind..

A quick search of ´Vectra owners manual´ on eBay.co.uk brought up 4 for sale, starting at a quid. So no worries there.
Vectra Dualfuel - Simon (Anne\'s Other Half)
>However, IIRC, the fuel computer doesn't work when in lpg mode.

You're right it doesn't. It can only cope with petrol flow.
I had one of these lpg Vectras as a company waggon for a while. I would recommend that you do not try to run it on lpg all of the time. To keep the engine happy give it a tank of petrol for every three or four of lpg.
We had a fleet of them and those of us that did this 1:4 fuel thing found the bottom dropped out of the seats before the engine started to complain. The pure lpg'ers had various engine problems.
Vectra Dualfuel - Dynamic Dave
He paid £3k for it. Is that price good for the car?

Getting back to DB's original question,

Part-exchange Price:
Excellent condition: £2530
Average condition: £2240
Below average condition: £1940

Depending on whether it was a private sale, or from a garage:

If the former, then he's quite possibly paid over the odds.

if it the latter, then it all depends on what mark up they have between buying cars and selling them on.

But at the end of the day as long as he's happy with his purchase, that's all that counts.