What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Forte Additives - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up Ltd.)
Sourcing stocks of these professional products seems to come up regularly on the backroom. Try www.fortelubricants.com or 02476 474069.
(source Car Mechanics Magazine, Jan 2002)
Re: Forte Additives - David W
Andrew,

You read Car Mechanics, surely you could write it!

David
Re: Forte Additives - Adam Going (Tune-Up Ltd)
David,

Hi ! How are you - some time since we have shared a thread !!

On Andrew's behalf, sure we read it. One can never have too much information, and some of their information is really good, especially that from Simon Ashby, who really does know his stuff. "Tips of the Trade" is sometimes useful, sometimes brings a smile, and very occasionally raises hackles. The "Help" pages also provide some useful tips, but equally fall very short of the target on occasions, and I quite regularly fire off an email to point out an error before Mr Bloggs of Cheam actually tries to convert his fuel injection engine to manual choke !!

Anyway, Andrew has allegedly had the b and m and w keys deleted from his PC, so cannot write too well !

Regards, Adam
CM Magazine. - David W
Hello Adam,

I read Car Mechanics as well and, like you, pull out the good bits and shake my head at the rest.

Never had a reply to my e-mails so far, and that despite the fact the "main man" lives just a few miles from me.

What worries me is sometimes on a topic I know really well (Citroens) they get it badly wrong. Then I wonder about following advice on areas I know less well.

Never like to trash anything in public so I'll leave it at that.

David
Re: Forte Additives - Dave N
Andrew, I had the Forte rep come and see me last week. He said they only sell to garages and dealers, not general public or any motor factors. So getting Forte product is pretty much imposible for most. I bought some a/c cleaner and will be trying it next year. He also gave me a free sample of diesel additive for my Land Cruiser to try.
Re: Forte Additives - rogerb
My ploy is to find a garage which stocks it, go in & do a bit of serious grovelling/ charming with the 'foreman', (or whoever's in charge), and I get a 'free' can, for whic I 'tip' him a fiver. This has worked 3 times, so far :-)
The first time I was so surprised when he GAVE me a can, I didn't even offer a 'tip'!
Re: CM Magazine. - Honest John
The ex editor of Car Mechanics (Phil Weedon) is now editor of Jaguar Monthly. He has turned it into the best single make car magazine around and includes excellent DIY features.

HJ