What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford ICE & Sat Nav theft - Bill Payer
I'm thinking of buying a Mondeo Ghia X through Ford Direct, and I read on here that a lot of the upper spec ICE units get nicked as they're easy upgrades for lower spec units.
1) Does this still happen on the later, Sony, units?
2) Is this also an issue with Ford's Sat Nav?

I've had a car in the past where the radio got nicked twice and I ended up having to remove it every night. That's not a practical proposition with the large Ford units these days. I also really fancy the Sat Nav, but not if it's going to get nicked.
Ford ICE & Sat Nav theft - Bill Payer
Bump.
Anyone?
Ford ICE & Sat Nav theft - Canon Fodder
FWIW my neighbours '54 plate Focus had the stereo lifted last week - I'm not sure if it was a sony I'm afraid Bill....
Ford ICE & Sat Nav theft - Stuartli
My mate had his Mondeo's R6000 unit "lifted", plus other stuff in the boot, a few weeks ago from his car parked four yards from a street light - apparently the Mondeo is a particular target as it's very easy to break into without setting off the alarm.

Police have been warning Ford owners for some time it seems and Lancashire Police actually issued some special advice early last year, but I haven't been able to trace exactly what was given out.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Ford ICE & Sat Nav theft - cheddar
I was at a Hotel near the NEC a couple of years ago and a guy had his Mondeo broken into, the police said that a particular gang were able to record the signal from the remote while present in a vehicle nearby and replicate it to enter the car after the owner had gone. The advise was to shield the remote, hold close to and point it directly at the car or otherwise use the key. I have not heard anymore about this since. Otherwise the Mondeo is not easy to break into without setting off the alarm unless the remote signal is replicated as per above.
Ford ICE & Sat Nav theft - trancer
I have heard stories to the contrary, and that there is a way to open the door without setting off the alarm. There was no mention of replicating a remote signal, and I thought that had pretty much been made obsolete with the advent of "rolling" codes.
Ford ICE & Sat Nav theft - mountainkat
easy way to "open" the window without setting of the alarm is to smash it, seems most fords don't have interior sensors fitted ??? - scallies around here are doing that very thing - 3 focus's on the same street had their ICe stolen last week !!

Problem with the 5000/6000 series is that the security on them is woeful - front panels are normally interchangeable & a lot of people don't remove them anyway, keycode is not an effective deterrent anymore.
Ford ICE & Sat Nav theft - Lucian Deville
The Sony upgrade - still gets stolen according to a friend at fords. This sytem is normally found in the top spec c-max ghias which have an alarm sensor, but still get stolen.