Demise of Mondeo Man - Dude - {P}
From an article in today`s press, it seems that according to Ford, Mondeo Man`s days are numbered, as they plan to switch the emphasis in future design & production away from the family saloon to Mini People Carriers.
Demise of Mondeo Man - Imagos
You don't say what paper but i guess it's a national paper so it must be true!
Demise of Mondeo Man - cheddar
Roll on the Mondeo C-Max!
Demise of Mondeo Man - mountainkat
God forbid -- give me a mondeo anyday !!
Demise of Mondeo Man - peterb
It's kind of ironic. Today's Mondeo, Mazda6, Avensis, Accord, Vectra etc. are fabulous cars compared to what went before.
Demise of Mondeo Man - Altea Ego
Due to poor sales Nissan will not replace the Primera.
Demise of Mondeo Man - Stuartli
If you are describing the same photo I saw last night - "Here's what the next Mondeo will look like" - then I, for one, don't like it.

If this is indeed Ford's proposed Mondeo replacement (but probably conjecture) than the Blue Oval is on a loser; it's ugly, especially around the C pillar section, and light years away from the current clean, smooth Mondeo five-door shape.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Demise of Mondeo Man - Pugugly {P}
More three series sales then..
Demise of Mondeo Man - NowWheels
From an article in today`s press, it seems that according to
Ford, Mondeo Man`s days are numbered, as they plan to switch
the emphasis in future design & production away from the family
saloon to Mini People Carriers.

Not really surprising. Can't blame the mnaufacturers for not wanting to keep on churning out a product which can't sell in big enough numnbers withiut massive discounts.

But the traditional saloon car has its merits, and it'd be a pity see it disappear.

Demise of Mondeo Man - MichaelR
Such a shame. I love saloon cars - I have no need nor wish to buy a small hatchback, or a 4x4, or an MPV. Just a nice 4 door saloon or big 5 door hatch, please.

Love my Mondeo and will undoubtedly replace it with another big hatch or a saloon.
My "Roll on the Mondeo C-Max!" comment was meant in jest, Ford's commitment to saloons is easy to see in the very attractive new Focus 4 door, puts the hatch to shame in the style stakes.
Demise of Mondeo Man - Adam {P}
That's what I've been trying to tell everyone!!!
--
Adam
That's what I've been trying to tell everyone!!!

Not quite, Adam. You've been trying to tell people that the old one is stunningly gorgeous.

Some folks have been very tedious, and find that as hard to believe as those emails from nice Nigerian warlords promising them a big cut of a $50m stash ;-)
Hi Adam, sorry I did say "new" Focus four door!!!!
Hi Adam, sorry I did say "new" Focus four door!!!!

Does this mean that you agree with the cynics about the old one?
To be honest I have never found the old Focus 4 door particularly appealing (sorry Adam) though it is clearly as able on the road as the hatch however the new 4 door is much more attractive that the hatch and is a really stylish car in it's own right.
"however the new 4 door is much more attractive that the hatch and is a really stylish car in it's own right"

As is the estate for that matter.
Demise of Mondeo Man - Adam {P}
That's better than nothing I suppose!

I am quite looking forward to the new saloon it must be said.
--
Adam