What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
'Metal' interiors - Vincentus
One may think that the days of interiors with bits of un-covered metal surfaces are long gone. Ehhhmmm... No way.
Nowadays even fully loaded Signum 3.2 V6 comes with scary, body-colour-coded bits of metal around the B-pillars (door surroundings). Same applies to many more, like Citroen C4, Vectra or Skoda Superb (upper class wanna-be hehe).

My Corolla ?02 (top-specs ?Sol?, current model, sedan, made in Turkey) has ?em covered with nice bulletproof black-matte plastic (very Audi-like hehe). My nephew has the same model, same year, same specs, same Turkish wonder (though with an autobox ? that?s the only difference) and... green ?strips? around not only ?B?, but also ?A? pillars.

People do notice such things. It?s OK in cheap cars, but not in expensive ones. Looks nasty especially when in contrast with bright body colours, like red or yellow. Ah, BTW ? the new Passat (coming soon) has those un-covered too ;)

'Metal' interiors - frazerjp
When i once sat in a Vauxhall Corsa sxi, the main thing that put me off was the gunmetal type sporty gear knob, which i couldnt grip very well, compared to a gear knob from more basic version of the model (BSM corsa) where the knob on that is rounder & larger then its sporty companion!
--
Its not what you drive, its how you drive it! :-)
'Metal' interiors - Schnitzel
The trouble with the Corolla and others of it's ilk, the interior mouldings are made from 1970's cassette boxes. I'd rather have a chink of painted metal than that!
'Metal' interiors - Vincentus
The trouble with the Corolla and others of it's ilk, the
interior mouldings are made from 1970's cassette boxes.

Nah, they're quite OK. However, painted metal inside, say, Signum or Superb is grrrrr.... damn cost-cutting policy.
'Metal' interiors - Imagos
You wouldn't like the '93-'00 Fiat coupe then...

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=...1
'Metal' interiors - BazzaBear {P}
hehe
Yes, I was going to say, my Coupe has body coloured interior panels as a feature rather than a 'couldn't be bothered to trim that bit'.
Looks damn fine too in my view, although having looked at that link, not so keen on it in yellow.
Oh i think it looks quite good in yellow, very striking. Easily Fiats best car of recent times BTW even with it's ear defender door mirrors and rotorvator lookalike wheels.
Well, it's all a matter of taste. I've always preferred the darker colours, Ink Black (which I've got), the darker metallic blue, Moon grey.
I like the wheels too, although looking again, I don't have the ones on that ebay car, I have the newer 'Plus' ones.
In fact, having just looked on ebay myself for an example I've realised that there are 3 types of Coupe wheel, not 2 as I thought.
The ones on that yellow one, which aren't great, the updated ones which are OK, and the plus ones which are fantastic (although I would say that)
Yeah i suppose looking at a yellow dash on a long journey would become tiresome. What colour does the clocks illuminate at night? I'd have a colour that matched this.

Yeah i suppose looking at a yellow dash on a long
journey would become tiresome. What colour does the clocks illuminate at
night? I'd have a colour that matched this.

I think standard clocks are black. Not sure what colour they glow though. I've got white clocks, kind of glow red, but the dial itself goes a kind of silvery-white colour. Quite hard to describe. Very easy to read though.

Sorry, I think I've hi-jacked this thread.
'Metal' interiors - Adam {P}
How is yje car BB? Better than the Alfa?
--
Adam
yje? - "the" obviously!
--
Adam
'Metal' interiors - LukeMH
eugh. We had a Y reg BWM 320Ci here as a works car, and that had lots of nasty painted metal in it, I always thought that car looked like they couldn't be bothered finishing the interior
Not sure whether that's a general eugh or at that yellow coupe.
Here's a couple of pics of the dash on my Coupe (and no, I'm not this sad, they're piccies taken for the sale by the person I bought her from)
photos.fotango.com/p/eba00292878f00000056.jpg

photos.fotango.com/p/eba00292878f00000055.jpg

Neither is brilliantly clear, but I think they both give an idea of how good that body coloured strip looks.
And, what's more, I think I just made it back on-topic too!
Until this post ruined it of course. *shrug*
Not sure whether that's a general eugh or at that yellow
coupe.
Here's a couple of pics of the dash on my Coupe
(and no, I'm not this sad, they're piccies taken for the
sale by the person I bought her from)
photos.fotango.com/p/eba00292878f00000056.jpg
photos.fotango.com/p/eba00292878f00000055.jpg
Neither is brilliantly clear, but I think they both give an
idea of how good that body coloured strip looks.

links no work!
Hmmm. Try this then:

bigjet.free.fr/forum/upload/smlinterior.jpg

bigjet.free.fr/forum/upload/smldials.jpg
How is yje car BB? Better than the Alfa?
--
Adam

Purely logically, yes she's better than the Alfa, a step up in a lot of ways.
It'll take time before she replaces Alfie properly though. I still get guilt pangs when I remember the garage bloke driving off in her. :(
There are definite signs that the Coupe is capable of winning my love though :D

BTW, earlier in thread, when I said I didn't like the yellow - I was only referring to the dash. On the exterior I think the yellow looks pretty good. Unfortunately SWMBO has vetoed the very idea of us ever owning a car in yellow or green.
Oh good. Glad you're enjoying it.

I agree about the yellow. Looks fantastic outside but that dash would give me either an epileptic fit, or the chance to see my breakfast again.
--
Adam