What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Mustang - THe Growler
Nice article in Saturday's DT Motoring section about James Cracknell's '67 Mustang import. Good to see the younger brigade discovering what we've known for years, that proper muscle cars emanated from Detroit. He didn't quite get it right though, a 351 cu in Boss Mustang 1969 was a lot more car.

I know, I've got one and it's still for sale ;+)

My '66 convertible before I sold her is still on the HJ photo site, and much missed.

Unbreakable cars, utterly reliable, over-engineered and all parts available to this day. Not to mention drop dead looks....
Ford Mustang - DavidHM
So Growler, what do you think of the 2005 car? A step back in the right direction or a hideous pastiche?

I'm in the first camp, given that they're such good value, but if they tried to make it a premium product like the MINI or Beetle, I think I'd hate it with a passion.
Ford Mustang - Adam {P}
If I had the money I'd buy a Mustang right now. New or old. The old one looks absolutely gorgeous but this new one has something about it that I love even more. I can't quite put my finger on it though.
--
Adam
Ford Mustang - frostbite
"If I had the money I'd buy a Mustang right now"

And if you had another shedload to insure it.
Ford Mustang - Adam {P}
I don't think there's more money in the entire world than what I'm paying for my premium as it is frostbite!

--
Adam
Ford Mustang - quizman
Hired a Mustang in the US a few years ago- woweeeee what a car, I was king of the road for a fortnight.
Ford Mustang - Baskerville
I don't think there's more money in the entire world than
what I'm paying for my premium as it is frostbite!

Well, that's what you get if you buy such an obvious boy-racer car as a gold Focus with a boot. A more sensible car, such as a Saxo with an eight inch diameter exhaust, would have been far cheaper. Everyone knows that, surely?
Ford Mustang - hillman
Excuse my ignorance Growler, was the Mustang the car that was used in the US car chase movie up and down hills, where bits kept falling of the bad guys car?
I can understand them going like a BOOH on the straight, but what are they like on corners?
Ford Mustang - Adam {P}
Arrrghhhh! Not you too Chris! I can't take it any more!!!!
--
Adam
Ford Mustang - borasport20
If I had the money I'd buy a Mustang right now.
New or old.

no you wouldn't

I reckon the nearest mustang to us is this
www.moss-motors.co.uk/_mossmotors1.htm
(it's about the third one down)

If you have nothing better to do, go to Bolton and have a look - you wouldn't give them £69.95, let alone £6995 !

Ford Mustang - Adam {P}
Fair point. I should have said old old or very very new - i.e. the newest one.

However, it just so happens that I do in fact have nothing better to do so I may take a look!

--
Adam