What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
faith restored in honda dealer :-) - smoke
After 3 years of the CR-V we wanted another.
Problem is that only Honda dealer in 40 mile radius, sold us our last one as a one owner from new car (in fact had 3 previous) and denied all responsibility, serviced the car and neatly performed the screen wash scam on the bill, and in general treated in a very poor and unprofessional manner.

With much trepidation we went to view another used CR-V.
How refreshing it was to be treated by a salesman who didn't talk non stop, allowed me to drive him round for an hour, showed me all the paperwork and the V5, didn't give me any useless sales blurb, and eventually sold me a car which i consider to be a very good deal with no bovine.

New vehicle £12700 :
02 Honda CR-V 2.0 SE Sport Auto with 29k fsh, and one non smoking owner.
P ex £7000;
T reg Honda CR-V 2.0 ES manual 54k, fsh, four non smoking owners.

Price to change 5700
faith restored in honda dealer :-) - David Horn
What's the "screen wash" scam?
faith restored in honda dealer :-) - Robin Reliant
Topping up a nearly full washer bottle and charging for a full bottle of screenwash additive. I always specify no screenwash additive when I have a service, as I can't stand the smell of it and find washing up liquid just as good.
faith restored in honda dealer :-) - montpellier
I love this forum for some of the funny things you can read! I tried washing liquid and it's minus 3 where we live and the whole system is gelled-up....
faith restored in honda dealer :-) - Robin Reliant
Never had a problem with that, how much do you put in, the whole bottle? Just a tiny drop is enough.

I have never found screenwash anti-freeze to be any good, as it is mostly moisture from the air icing at the nozzle which stops the system working.
faith restored in honda dealer :-) - mike100
Topping up a nearly full washer bottle and charging for a
full bottle of screenwash additive. I always specify no screenwash additive
when I have a service, as I can't stand the smell
of it and find washing up liquid just as good.

I think some washing-up liquids have salt added to them (apparently it adds sparkle to glassware) and as a consequence doesn't do the life of the pump assembly any favours. I use a very weak solution of Flash liquid cleaner - cleans off diesel film very well. (But see question on technical thread as to why paintwork is peeling around windscreen area ;-) )

Does anyone know what are the main ingredients of commercial screenwash?

P.S. Sorry to go even further off-topic
faith restored in honda dealer :-) - Happy Blue!
Well done smoke.

Nice cars, but I just couldn't got comfortable in it, so swapped for a Subaru Forester. But very reliable and well built. Looks like you did a good deal. CR-Vs are very sought after.

We only lost £2,500 in on year between buying it (2.5 years old, 3,800 miles) and selling it (3.5 years old, 12,000 miles). That pretty good when dealing with main dealers. Usually you can lose £4,000 doing that.

Enjoy!
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?