Mondeo variants - cheddar
Heart says C55 estate, then when it looks at bank statement it says 2.2 TDCi, head (and wife!) says Grand Scenic.

With regard to the Mondeo when I ordered my current Ghia X in '02 I thought the Zetec S was the best looking variant, I had one for 48 hours and it rode well on it's 18" wheels, however it was not available with some of the features I wanted so I went for the Ghia X.

Now, post face lift, the Zetec S is still the best looking, (more subtle than the ST's) and is available with cruise, trip, sunroof etc however it is not avaiable with the 2.2 TDCi 155 engine!

An optioned up Zetec S 2.2 TDCi 155 could be the the ideal sub 20k mix of driving pleasure, family carrying, economy and subtle sporty looks if only it were available!

Regards.
Mondeo variants - Quinny100
I think the ST looks quite subtle in Silver and Black, far more than it does in Performance Blue anyway.

Have you tried an ST TDCi? The steering is quicker than standard and I was amazed at how well it rode on big wheels and sports suspension.

A 2.2 Zetec-S would sit too close to the ST. Ford have had to cut corners to price the ST TDCi below the ST220 because the TDCi engine apparently costs more to produce than the V6 petrol, hence no leather Recaros and a few other bits missing.

ST Mondeo's also seem to have far better residuals than the rest of the range - 6 year old ST200's still fetch £7-8k in good nick. If the ST TDCi fares that well, its probably a better place to put £20k than a BMW or an Audi, before you consider you can own one for under £17k brand new.
My local dealer has a demo one, in silver, haven't had time to try it yet though probably will this week. They also have a Zetec S in the showroom in metallic black, 2.5 V6 so doesn't interest me though it was this car that made me think how much more subtly sporty the Zetec S is than the ST. Agree re residuals.

My other option is to keep my Ghia X 2.0 TDCi which is fine, perhaps chip it though it goes well enough as it is, and save a good few quid.
Mondeo variants - Quinny100
I took the latter decision. I've got a Zetec TDCi and whilst the ST is a good car, it didn't inspire me enough to part with ten grand to buy one when my current car is fine.

It didn't feel that much quicker than the 2.0 but it had only done 600 miles and diesels get better with age. The other concern I had is that the reports where its mentioned, MPG seems to be under 40MPG - Diesel Car got 38MPG over 1000 miles and the computer on the one I tested was showing 36.4MPG.
Mondeo variants - lyntonsmith
Getting a company car in 2005. We have a policy of any Ford, any Vauxhall or any Toyota (or jag , Volvo etc etc...)

Almost narrowed mine down to a ST TDCi. Has to be diesel - low emissions, low tax. Reviews suggest has adequate performance, and looks OK. Its either as fuly laden ST TDCi with Sat Nav et al, or a bargain basement X type, or S40.

WHat you reckon?

Thought black, with black leather.

Mondeo variants - MichaelR
What about Titanium X TDCi? This has both the body styling and the 2.2 TDCi engine, although I think the ST variant is probably best.
Heart says C55 estate >>

That is a Mercedes C-Class with a 5.4ltr V8, NOT a Citroen misspelt!
What about Titanium X TDCi? This has both the body styling
and the 2.2 TDCi engine, although I think the ST variant
is probably best.

The ST TDCi and the Titanium X both have the body kit, my point is that the Zetec S is better looking than these. The Ghia X still has the most goodies though no body kit, is available with the 2.2 TDCi though.
Mondeo variants - lyntonsmith
Titanium level involves about £80 a month contribution.

ST TDCi only £7. Also looks sportier

Mondeo variants - MichaelR
Why not do what I did. Buy the Ghia X and add the bodykit. Ok, so mine was a Mk2 and bits from ST24's are easily obtainable, but it might be possible for the Mk3?
If you are a company car driver then , yes the Titanium X is not worth an extra £70 odd a month.