Focus rattle - Philj
My wife,s 2 year old ford focus has developed an annoying rattle from the area of the hatchback when going over bumps. I have tried adjusting rubber stops on the tailgate and the locking catch position , but no improvement. Any ideas?
Focus rattle - Imagos
Could be the exhaust system baffles/mountings, sound maybe misleading ie sounds like coming from tailgate.
Focus rattle - kithmo
Check that the rear seat backs are correctly engaged in their catch, SWMBO had this when she had been moving some furniture, press the release button, pull the seat back forward, then slam it back (making sure not to trap the seat belt).
Focus rattle - IanT
See www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=24987&...f which shows in great detail how to adjust the Focus tailgate.

It's probably worth you having another try at this adjustment.

Ian

Focus rattle - fossyant
I'd go for seat backs - had this happen to loads of cars, including colleagues cars - just drop some grease on the catches and locking mechanism - should sort it !

It's one of those very irritating rattles. My colleague had the rattle for two years, until I suggested they do the above.
Focus rattle - Roly93
I had exactly the same problem on my wifes 1 year old Focus, please see the tech sevice bulletin in the threads below :-

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=24...7
Focus rattle - Phil P
I had a rattle from the rear of my '99 Focus 5-door hatch and it was traced to the plastic trim on the c-pillar, after the usual suggestions to check the rear seat back etc.
Focus rattle - Phil P
Should have added this was traced by me driving with an RAC technician sitting in the back looking for it! When he put some pressure on the c-pillar trim the rattle would stop.