What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Interior lights when driving - frostbite
The Blackpool illuminations thread has reminded me of something I find most odd.

I thought the people on TV driving around at night with the interior light(s) on was simply to aid the camera shot but have noticed quite a few drivers doing exactly this.

Surely this considerably reduces their ability to see out, although it could explain why they need their headlights and foglights on all the time?
Interior lights when driving - Robin Reliant
How else can you read texts and dial numbers at night? Not to mention finding where you put your coffee.
Interior lights when driving - Pugugly {P}
At least you can smoke and drive naked with the light off.
Interior lights when driving - Robin Reliant
Your weekends must be interesting affairs, Pug.
Interior lights when driving - v8man
Lorries aften have red lights in the back of the cab to reduce eye strain at night. You may have noticed your local cinema also has them.
--
\"Nothing less than 8 cylinders will do\"
Interior lights when driving - Dynamic Dave
I've got an orange LED built into the mirror of my Vectra that shines down and illuminates the centre console at night (a sensor in the mirror decides if it's needed or not). Not obtrusive at all.
Interior lights when driving - Pugugly {P}
BMs are the same. I've often wondered what the point was though.
Interior lights when driving - PhilW
I was just wondering the same PU - surely the centre console has its own lights/illumination?
Maybe it's time for bed. Hope the bedside light is illuminated by another light so I can see it.
Interior lights when driving - Dwight Van Driver
Why not just eat carrots?

DVD
Interior lights when driving - Dynamic Dave
I was just wondering the same PU - surely the centre
console has its own lights/illumination?

No idea what BWM call it, but Vauxhall call it "Indirect night lighting". My centre consule doesn't have it's own lights (apart from the ciggy lighter and autobox selection)
Interior lights when driving - Altea Ego
the goona has two red lights that shine down from the roof. Pointless, all you need to see and use is backlit anyway!
Interior lights when driving - Cliff Pope
Funnily enough I had that very thought coming in this morning. I noticed a coach with the drivers cab brightly lit up. The driver looked as if he were sitting in a greenhouse surrounded by a ring of spotlights. It didn't stop him batting along an unlit road at 60 mph though.