What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Mondeo Td Immobilizer - abaldyman
Hi!
Can anyone help with this problem?

Car -a 1997 Mondeo TD. Well maintained etc; Working fine and then go to start it again and nothing.AA called(lovely people) he said it could be immobilizer,so stuck between devil and deep blue sea.
He says "do the right thing and take it to main dealer" OH! Yes,we all know where that leads!It must be something fairly simple,any ideas? Is it simple or a wallet thrashing?

The Baldyman
Ford Mondeo Td Immobilizer - henry k
Car -a 1997 Mondeo TD. Well maintained etc; Working fine and
then go to start it again and nothing.

>>
Can you expand on nothing?
Did the dash lights come on?
Any sounds before the key went to the starter position?
Any sounds in the starter position or did lights dim?
Any other info may point someone towards what has failed.
OK
Whole procedure to start up was fine,lights etc-nothing out of ordinary. No starting. Obviously AA man was checking all obvious things but it stumped him as well. Someone has mentioned keys that could have been effected by Magnet? hence why maindealer would need to be involved to re-programme or whatever they do. Like most people I hate to spend money if there is simple solution. If no suggestions I will reluctantly take it to the money grabbing dealership.
Ford Mondeo Td Immobilizer - Pugugly {P}
Have you parked the car by a big RF source ? Hell, I had to call BMW assist last week when my car refused to unlock. Seems that its brain was puddled by a nearby Police mast. Been fine since.
Thats interesting! Might look into that one!
Ford Mondeo Td Immobilizer - henry k
Have you tried the spare key?
Ford Mondeo Td Immobilizer - davidb
On recent Fords, if the immobiliser is preventing starting a little red light flashes rapidly and if left to flash for a whole minute starts to flash a fault code. I don't know all the details, or whether this applies to your car. Good luck with it. David B.
Ford Mondeo Td Immobilizer - Peter D
'Then Nothing' are you telling up the car would not crank over or it cranked but would not start ?? Big difference. Peter